Can't install Microsoft Direct X. Help needed please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am trying to install Microsoft Direct X on a new laptop so I can play poker.

However, I keep getting this message:-

A cabinet file necessary for instalation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

I have the software installed on another laptop with no problems at all.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do to install the software.

I do trust it.

Thanks Guys

SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Your problem is installing DirextX or the poker?

DirectX you can download and install from microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

That's where I am trying to install it from. But I still get that message a short way through the installation process. It is a brand new laptop that has Windows 7 professional as it's OS. I don't know if that makes any difference.

The poker software is Betfair which I have on two other computers with no problems (although the OS is only Vista on them). If you have the direct x installed, you are able to adjust the size of the poker software whilst playing. I can just play in normal mode but my laptop has to change the resolution or something, and it's a pain in the ar*e when you cannot adjust the size of the table.

Windows 7 has directx 11 built in which is the latest version.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

The laptop is brand new out of the box today. Do you think it is faulty?

I have just tried to install Windows Updates and they all failed as well. Can it be something to do with my security settings or something? I have installed some programs today with no problem.

What is it with you and Microsoft updates? :lol:

OK it's a software issue by the sounds of things. Try http://www.update.microsoft.com and see what updates it installs from there. What antivirus are you using?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

LOL, I know what you mean.

I have already tried updates like that. Same result. It seems to install the optional updates, but not the important ones (mainly security updates for Windows 7).

I use both MSE and Avast at the same time as they don't seem to interfere with eachother. But maybe that is the problem. I will disable Avast and retry.

Wel, I disabled Avast and tried to install Windows Updates. All 11 failed due to an unknown error. The codes are:-

80071A91

and

Neither are listed in the troubleshooting.

I can't understand how Windows 7 has direct x already installed if Betfair is telling me I need to install it. I got this laptop brand new to avoid all of the problems I had with my previous one, and this one is just the same. lol

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

No help I'm afraid PF, but thanks.

I have just scanned all my drivers and everything is up to date. (I am back to the original Directx problem now). Have contacted Microsoft and have to wait 24hrs for reply.

I only want a ruddy game of poker LOL.

I decided to do an administrative command prompt and typed in:-

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ (then clicked enter)

to reset the file system resource manager, and then I restarted the laptop

and tried Windows Updates again. I also done 1 at a time and i had

SUCCESS!!!!!

Just got to sort out the Directx problem now. I have a feeling that the poker site requires an older version of Directx, but I don't want to uninstall the latest one that come with Windows 7 in the first place.

At least my Windows is up to date.:)

Yet more success:p

Left Directx 11 in my system and found a download for Directx 10 to see if that helped. And it did.

Can now play poker the way I like it, although it is a bit late to play now.

Thanks Guys. No doubt I will have yet another problem tomorrow, so stay tuned for the next episode of.........

SOD'EM C**KS UP AGAIN:D

well done it is a nice feeling being able to resolve problems with this damm machines your self glad you got it sorted PF