pensioncredit/timescale

needsuminfo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is now 20 weeks since I put in an application for pension credit and as yet have not had a response. I now am getting my state pension and my total weekly income is £100.50p per week. I have phoned them twice in the last month to find out what is happening and on both occassions the person has been unable to access my details and has said he will send an email to the processing department and to allow 5 days for a response and I am still waiting!!!

Has anyone else had experience with this and is there anything else I can do or say to get things moving?

Thankyou.

hiya needs , i think 20 wks is an outrage ,we have been waiting 9 wks without no reply , last 2 wks i have been phoning twice a week and last wk when i phoned they said that we needed a home visit and somebody should be in touch , but still waiting . im going to give them till tmrw and phone again ,this is an outrage ,have bills to pay and 10 wks behind with my rent also as housing benefit wont pay out till we get a decision from pension credit ........ as i write pension credit have just phoned .. other half talking to them now .... ok they are coming out on the 21st ,still not good enough at least another bloomin week before anything happens . I would get on the phone and tell them you are desperate to get this sorted .... goood luck :)

Hi lucy, I did get on the phone later that afternoon, spoke to a nice lady who also could not find anything out about my claim and said they were normally sorted out within 6-8 weeks, she has now sent a message to the complaints department, so like you I am still waiting, if I have not had a response by tomorrow I will phone again!!!! and good luck with yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, glad your getting sorted.

I actually got a phonecall from the pension service on Tuesday, the first contact from them since I applied, saying that everything was being moved to another centre to be processed and I should get a letter soon. Still waiting!!!:rolleyes:

Yes they dont seem in much of a hurry to get things sorted do they ? I just found that by phoning on a regular basis seems to get them moving . We were so desperate last week that i thought id try for a crisis loan didnt think we would get it but we did , so if you need too maybe give crisis loans a ring and see if they can help you out . Will keep you updated with any progress :)

As another week had passed and anxiety was setting in again, I have just phoned the pension service and was given the good news that my claim has now been sorted and the back dated payments will be in my account for Thursday.:)

At last!!! This is quite common in Pension Credit claims. Providing all of the info they want is with them, the norm now is approx 26 weeks from claiming until receiving payment.

They do have a system that puts people in a priority list - those with no money whatsoever coming in!!!!

So, it is good news and that the 6 month target is working!!!! ummmmmm

well done needs thats great news , cant exactly say the same about us ... still waiting ,when i phoned today they said the claim is live but still processing the claim but shouls be in my account 2-3 days , im not holding my breath thou and will give them till tuesday and then i will phone again , but again well done and enjoy your nice lump sum x

hi needs ,excellent news , had to apply for another crisis loan so at least we can eat lol. if i havent heard anything by tuesday then i will phone them again and again until they are sick of hearing my voice lol should make them pay up hopefully . But yes they do seem to lack in contact and if it wasnt for us chasing them up god knows how long it would take . Anyway you go an enjoy your money ,mind you if like us majority will be on bills :(