Welcome repossessed my car with my personal belongings . . .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in September Welcome repossessed my car.

A lot of my belongings were in there; some sentimental and some worth money.

I called them and wrote to them on several occasions asking for these possessions back. Responsibility was passed from department to department.

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman, who wrote to them asking for a final response form.

Sidebar: I moved home in mid-late December so didn't receive any correspondence.

I called Welcome today who said that on the 24th November, they sent a final response letter, which said that they couldn't confirm that my belongings were in the car. If I don't reply within 8 weeks, they will assume I am happy with that.

I didn't receive that letter.

Anyway, I called the Financial Ombudsman who said that the letter they have quoted me was not a final response letter; it was part of a two-tier letter and I still have a right to complain.

Anyway, I know that I will not get my belongings back.

What I want to know is; what are the possible outcomes of my complaint?

What I really want is for them to remove the default notice from my account.

Do you think I have any chance of this happening. If not, is there any point following through the complaint? Should I just accept defeat?

Thanks

Sorry sarah ive only just seen this thread. I wouldnt never admit defeat. What they did was wrong and in my case it would be the principle of the matter. I would complain again to welcome and the fos stating as compensation and to remedy the situation you would like the default removed worst they can say is no.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I take it they repossessed your car without your knowledge or you present. Are you sure the repossession was lawful?? This is Welcome we're talking about!

Had you paid a third?

Where was the car when they took it?

Did they serve a default first?

It's worth looking in to, you never know :)

I'm sure there is some legislation relating to your possessions being in the car. I'll have a look ;)

I was there, but they didn't give me a chance to remove my items. They showed me a clip board and told me it was a court order and took it, after a slight struggle where I tried to open my car door - the keys were snatched off me.

I hadn't paid a third.

And I did receive a default.

I was there, but they didn't give me a chance to remove my items. They showed me a clip board and told me it was a court order and took it, after a slight struggle where I tried to open my car door - the keys were snatched off me.

I hadn't paid a third.

They told you it was a court order??? Where was the car parked when they took it?

I've found out now that it wasn't a court order. It was the bailiff's way of getting the car from me.

Ha ha! I automatically assumed it wasn't a court order! I know Welcome's underhanded tactics ;)

My point is why would they want you to believe it was a court order?? If you had paid less than a third and it was parked on public ground, they had a legal right to take it without a court order and there would be nothing you could do about it.

I expect they had just employed the usual unscrupulous bully boys who were used to being deceitful.

Personally in my opinion, I would make a claim for unfair relationship regarding how they enforced their rights under the agreement.

That way you don't have to prove that your belongings were in the car, the onus is on them to prove that they weren't!

Welcome are directly responsible for the actions of their agents and their behaviour in this case has been despicable as per usual :evil:

I hadn't paid a third.

OMG I cant believe how aggressive they were! :evil: Mine were more than reasonable to be fair to them

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Ha ha! I automatically assumed it wasn't a court order! I know Welcome's underhanded tactics ;)

My point is why would they want you to believe it was a court order?? If you had paid less than a third and it was parked on public ground, they had a legal right to take it without a court order and there would be nothing you could do about it.

I expect they had just employed the usual unscrupulous bully boys who were used to being deceitful.

Personally in my opinion, I would make a claim for unfair relationship regarding how they enforced their rights under the agreement.

That way you don't have to prove that your belongings were in the car, the onus is on them to prove that they weren't!

Welcome are directly responsible for the actions of their agents and their behaviour in this case has been despicable as per usual :evil:

agree with all this :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thread moved to new Vehicle Repo Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I can only repeat what someone has already mentioned.

"It is up to them to prove that your belongings were not in the car".

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)