Closed (catalogue) account re-opened - advise

sproggi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

At the begining of the month, I closed my account with a catalogue. I then sent a DPA followed by a prelim on receipt of statements.

This morning I received a letter from them containing vouchers as a gesture of goodwill for admin charges. They then state that they note the account is closed and that they can now process an order for me to use the vouchers. It goes on to say that I may close my account once i receive my order and pay off any outstanding amount.

Are they actually allowed to re-open this account without my say so? Surely they cannot do this?

I do not want to use this catalogue any more and I do not want to accept vouchers.

Sproggi

Send the vouchers back with a covering letter stating that you do not want them and that your account was closed on . Furthermore you do NOT want it re-opened.

Also remind them that they have of days to comply with your DPA SARs letter......the clock is ticking.

Good luck with your claim.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thank you for the replies,

As they only have 4 days left until I am due to send them the LBA, do you think that it would be ok to combine my refusal of the vouchers letter with the LBA somehow?

I still cannot believe that they are allowed to just go ahead and re-open accounts like that!

Sproggi

Does this sound ok?

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement by vouchers and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx,

By cheque or postal order.

Further more, I closed my account as I wished to cease trading with yourselves and I DO NOT want it re-opened.

You have until xx/xx/xx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Sproggi

Very succinctly put.:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....