Vodafone nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry if this is a bit long winded

We switched our business phones from o2 to vodafone last november as the salesman told me they had the best signal etc etc. they also had a blackberry storm2 which is exclusive to vodaphone so I couldn't get it elsewhere. when asking for my pac code o2 offered me 2 iphones f.o.c to stay, anyway vodafone upped the offer threw in a few freebies and said the blackberry was far superior to the iphone so we switched.

I run a plumbing company and advertise the numbers so working phones are important.

The blackberry was a brilliant phone for about a week when the screen stopped working so whilst I could hear it ringing and see the number calling, I could not answer it. I had to remove the battery and restart it and anyone with a blackberry knows it takes a long time to start up by which time the caller had often called the next number on the list and the job had gone to someone else. after 2 new sim cards and 4 new phones I refused to another blackberry. I went to the vodafone store as the guys on the phone are most unhelpful and refused to help. I now have an iphone although I had to pay an extra £5 per month which is £7 per month than what o2 offered me.

As for the other phone, it doesn't get a signal in the home where it lives and vodaphones answer to this is to get a suresignal box but we have to pay £50. This phone has now stopped working. Vodafone arranged an exchange at a customers address and said the courier would text on the day of delivery to what hour they would be delivering. had a call out yesterday and it was less than half mile from where I was working so I went to fix the leak as I had not yet received the text . I then missed the delivery. they now cant redeliver till next week so rather than lose anymore business we have had to purchase a PAYG phone to put the sim in.

When the phone arrives next week we have considered selling them both on ebay and paying the £1235+vat to get us out of the contract and go back to o2 as we cant afford to lose anymore business.

Is there another way we can get out of this contract. Vodafone have failed to provide us with the service they promised but there contract is very carefully worded, as its the phones that have given us the problems and although they supplied them they have this 'its not our fault' attitude. I find their customer service (or lack of it) awful. I have made well over 50 calls, 20+ emails and 3 letters addressed to their Managing Director and haven't had a single reply, despite being told they would call back

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Darren

Hi, Darren.

This link should help......................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Darren,

It's a shame to hear that things haven't gone as smoothly as we'd liked them to have.

As Scott has suggested if you could get in touch with the Web Relations Team by following the instructions in pinned thread which he's linked you to we'll be happy to take a closer look at things for you.

Once you're in touch we'll get back to you as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I have tried contacting them several times this way with no success, they have a habbit of sending a standard reply asking for more security details, no matter how much you tell them.

Is there another way we can get out of this contract. Vodafone have failed to provide us with the service they promised but there contract is very carefully worded, as its the phones that have given us the problems and although they supplied them they have this 'its not our fault' attitude. I find their customer service (or lack of it) awful. I have made well over 50 calls, 20+ emails and 3 letters addressed to their Managing Director and haven't had a single reply, despite being told they would call back

Lee, thanks for replying. Is there an answer to this. We have had changes of batteries, sim cards and we have now had 9 phones, the latest one arrived earlier today and has already frozen. To keep making ourselves available for exchanges is costing our business money as is not having working phones and it is too late to talk to your customer services as they close at 9pm. we have a cheap PAYG but we are paying for unlimited internet and this phone doesn't have it.

Your advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Darren

• Haha 1

Hi Darren,

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

When you email us you will have received an email reference, could you post it for me so that I can trace your account and take a look at your account?

If you can't find it, don't worry, if you could PM me the email address from which you emailed us and I'll to trace you that way.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

Is there any news on this yet, the ref no. above is from the email I sent from Scotts link but I got the usual reply asking for more security details.

The phone we are using is an old thing we bought from a friend and is not very good

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your PM yesterday.

As you know I did try to reach you on Monday and left you a message that I'll be trying again today.

Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with you later to get something sorted out for you here.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK