Mrs M's Mum v Woolwich

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure what to do with this one.

I was going through my mums boxes of old paperwork today and found some old loan agreements with the Woolwich.

I noticed that she had paid PPI on 2 of the loans and from the date she would have been aver 65 years old.

I am not sure who I contact on this as regards to an SAR to see what she actually paid them.

Could someone let me know who I send the SAR to.

Mrs M

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi MandM,

Only just spotted this - sorry.

Can you say:-

1. When the loan(s) were taken out.

2. When YM reached 65.

3. How long after age 65 YM paid PPI on the loan(s).

4. Was PPI appropriate for YM's circumstances before she reached 65. For instance, was she employed or earning in a manner which met the PPI criteria.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi MandM,

2. When YM reached 65.

4. Was PPI appropriate for YM's circumstances before she reached 65. For instance, was she employed or earning in a manner which met the PPI criteria.

Hi Slick. Thanks for looking in. Have been away for a break of sorts. Back today. Mrs M back tomorrow.

Will give her a nudge for the info and post up.

M

Hi MandM,

2. When YM reached 65.

Hi Slick.

Sorry have been moving my daughter into student digs.

In answer to your questions

1) The loans were taken out in 2002 and 2003.

2) Mum was 65 in 1999.

3) The first loan was 3 years the second loan was 4 years. 2nd loan paid off the 1st.

4) Mum has been claiming disability benefit since 1987 so she would not have been eligible for the ppi anyway.

Am putting the Loan Agreement below and the PPI conditions.

loan2002.jpg

2003loan2003.jpg

ppimum2.jpg

ppimum.jpg

Thanks for looking in any help appreciated.

Mrs M

The PPI has been mis-sold on various counts in my opinion and should be reclaimed in full.

Use a spreadsheet to reclaim the PPI charged and claim interest in restitution at the contractual rate, 16.9%, compounded.

Send the claim off to Barclays HQ giving them 14 days to refund. Follow up with an LBA. Then file a claim at court.

If you want a second opinion, I can move this to the PPI forum for you.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Slick.

Put the claim into them got the usual letter with questionnaire (twice) not sure if they are doing the 2 loans separately. Will give them the usual letter, not doing your questionnaire give me my money.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks for your advice.

Mrs M

Hi Slick.

Sent the letter have also asked them for copies of any other loan agreements she took with the Woolwich prior to 2002 as she said she used to do one every year as a top up, obviously she had no idea about interest and the like so she would not have known whether she had PPI on those ones.

I haven't paid them the £10 will wait and see if they want it done as an SAR or if they might just give the information as a goodwill gesture.

Will let you know what response we get.

Mrs M

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Slick thought I would give an update.

Mum got a letter today. Not sure what is going on. Who is Sirs? This is for one of the loans so I expect another letter along the same lines soon for the other loan we queried.

001-8.jpg

002-7.jpg

The more I look at it the more I think it should have been sent to someone else. The comment regarding the number of reasons, I only gave one reason she was over 65 and did not need PPI.

I sent them the copies of the agreements which clearly shows she paid PPI. (post 7)

There was no comment regarding the other loans I asked them for I am not sure if a SAR would be enough to get these old agreements and mum cannot remember all the dates etc. She does remember that she used to get a loan nearly every year and always paid off the previous balance with the new loan.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Mrs M

Write back, as a further complaint, that they have either:-

1. Failed to read, and address, your complaint properly.

or

2. Written to the wrong person when replying.

Give them 10 days to remedy their error or you will take further measures as this has gone on long enough (or summat like that).

• 3 weeks later...

HI Slick.

Got a letter back from the same person.

mumwoolwich.jpg

Have written to them asking to prove the amount that was paid ,also asked them why they accepted an agreement with items crossed out and why a new agreement was not sent with the right details on it.

Also got another letter about the other loan.

mumwoolwich2.jpg

Seems a bit strange that both these loans were cancelled but they did not send new agreements.

Wrote to her roughly same letter prove it.

If they were cancelled then albeit but they can prove it.

Mrs M

Hi M&M,

In my experience, it is common to strike out a clause, term or condition which you don't want to apply on a loan or other agreement agreement. It may be struck through, initialled and then the form signed as normal.

Looks like there's nowhere further to go with this one.

In any event, see how they respond ............ :-)

THanks Slick.

On the second loan I asked them to prove why the PPI was cancelled and by whom. they sent back this letter and a statement of sorts.

001-10.jpg

002-8.jpg

Little bit surprised at this one as mum does not remember paying this off and I dont remember her having that sort of money back in 2003.Not sure now where to go with this one.

Is there some way of getting them to prove how the loan was paid back.

Could I maybe ask for the letter they would have sent confirming the loan has been paid off, and the statements from the Woolwich at the time of the payment.

Mrs M