they want proof of my recent illness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ive recently been on the sick from work for one month, yesterday i rang my loan collector to tell him i would not be able to pay my monthly payment of 200 hundred pounds because i have been unwell and could not afford the payment, as i have very little income this month and he told me i need to get proof from my employer or my doctor that i was actually off work for the time i was saying, now incedentlly i was not working when i took out the loan from this company and nor did they ask for proof of income when they first handed me the 1500 pound loan over, i have had my payment reduced already it should be 80 pound a week but i coulnt afford this payment, do i have to by law supply them with this information, my employer will not verify for me nor do i want him knowing my buisness can someone help

no you do not

none of their business!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i take it this is one of those loan shark co's with extortionate int rates?

are they charging you unlawful fees [like late payment etc etc, have they fleeced you for any protection insurance you cold reclaim?]

there is nothing to stop you writing to the Co. and stating you have severe financial difficulties and offering to pay a token amount of £1 PCM for the next XX months.

that way a judge [iF IF IF ] it ever got thus far, could see you were atleast making An effort to pay. etc.

i cant tell you what to do /read but,

use the search in our blue bar above and type in the name of your fleecers, that might help you to see how other tackle them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no they havent had the chance yet to charge me, they just say they want proof from my employer that i am on the sick , and also because i am paying reduced payments at the minute they aint to happy. I dont want my boss knowing my business so im not going to ask my boss for proof of sickness. is this something that i need to produce to them can they legally ask for this????????//

no as in post 2.

none of their business.

dx

and they

Be careful a firm wanted info of me of illness, I gave it in writing and then they tried to use the information against me, saying unless I gave them more money, they would tell social services I wasnt coping:confused: Nice of them hey? As it was social services were fine with me and happy I was managing my illness with kids as carers, they said if all were reported, how would we cope. Not coping, steam still comes out of my ears when I think about them, sc*m:mad:

Not sympathetic and not entitled to the info I now know anyhow;)

xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

After reading your post, I also agree with the above, that you are not obliged to give this information. They are probably narked that you cannot afford to make the full payments because of your illness. Do not prove this to them, just stick to your guns and pay what you can afford. If they continue to chase and push their luck for higher payments, let them, as long as you are making the agreed reduced payment. x