Fake Facebook Password Reset. FYI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I thought Caggers should be aware of this..

A fake Facebook password reset email seems to be doing the rounds in the last few days. I fixed two computers today that had been infected by this particular malware. The Facebook password reset email says the following:

Subject: Facebook Password Reset Confirmation! Customer Support

Dear user of Facebook,

Because of the measures taken to provide safety to our clients, your password has been changed. You can find your new password in attached document.

Thanks,

Your Facebook.

Instead of having a fake Facebook page to collect the victims passwords (phishing), the email is sent with a malware attachment.

The malware is known as “Bredolab” which is a Trojan downloader. In the two computers I repaired today, Bredolab downloaded some rogue antivirus products. However, some sites are saying that it also downloads a password stealing trojan.

If you see it onsite, Malware Bytes seems to deal with the Trojan once you kill the main executable (at least the rogue antivirus variants). Be sure to tell your clients to change their passwords after the infection has been removed as well.

Hope this helps, take care for now

be safe

Jgg :)