Excel Parking (Stockport)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Generally speaking there is nothing to stop a person seeking to impose lawful contractual conditions. They do need to be reasonable. I do not see how this could in itself be unreasonable as really all it is doing is requiring that vehicles comply with a particular law, unless it was enforced against foreign registered vehicles.

However, this is to presuppose that all of the other elements required to form a contract are in place and the charges are not in reality unlawful penalties.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Reading it, that was my first concern. by EU law no member country can allow prioritisation of their citizens over any others. think the Olympic ticket fiasco. Surely Trading Standards would have to prosecute or order them to amend their signs.

I do not see how this could in itself be unreasonable as really all it is doing is requiring that vehicles comply with a particular law,

But is it any of their business to "enforce" the law by issuing a joke invoice? Anyway I notice they don't say a VALID disc. Might be worth parking there with an old one on display.......

But can you really make a contract to not display a tax disc?

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.