default - natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I have a few debts, all of which I'm paying off -none of which have been registered as a default.

The above statement is true, other than one debt, Natwest. Now this account was under dispute, the ENTIRE balance apart from £1.18 is charges. THey refused to accept my letters demanding my charges back after the OFT lost in court and they transferred the debt to their in-house debt recovery. I spoke with them, offered a settlement of £130 which was duly accepted and I advised them I want it in writing and confirmation that no default will be registered against me.

I waited the for the letter for 2 weeks, phoned them back and they advised it had now been transferred to an external debt recovery company, of which they couldnt advise the name and which hasnt contacted me at all. It defaulted 31/12/2009.

Now I'm currently saving for a mortgage and hope to apply within the next 12 months, obviously with this defautl on my credit file its going to be difficult to obtain one. Where do I stand with this? What is my bext course of action? Is there a template I can send to offer a settlement on the priviso they remove the default?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Tiny.