Please Help, Bank Account Closed In 2003!!

savingmoneynovice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally had an account with Natwest, and took out a loan, which finished in October 2003, during which time I was charged over and over again, charges on top of charges. In my opinion I alledgelly believe this is the worst bank for charging. My problem is I cannot remember or possess any bank statements, with my account number on to actually post a S.A.R. letter, How do I find that out. Should I go into my local branch? To make matters worse I have moved from my original address, and married in May 2002, So I now have a different name, I never bothered to change my name on the account, hope it wasn't a mistake now!! PLEASE HELP!! Anyone out there I will be eternally grateful....:) :)

Guest NATTIE

Yes the account number can be found from bank records. If you go into the branch you would need to know which branch that the account was opened at and get the branch to do a search under the NatWest Archive. They will know what you are talking about. Maybe worth simply saying that there has been an dispute with a company that you need to resolve with copy statements. That should work. Tell me how you get on tomorrow

Thank you to all who are resonding to my queries, this is all so new to me, and quite exciting!! I am very grateful to your tips and 'know how'. So, this can be done then? I will keep you all informed. Guess where I am going tomorrow? Yep, I am going to get the ball rolling and go into my local Natwest, wish me luck, and I will keep you informed, and ask for help, no doubt, along the way! thank you all

Guest NATTIE

Just a quick follow in response to Michael, name gender and sort code should be sufficient on the NW Archive search. Address only important if the search throws up a number of names, for example, John Smith. This search is specifically on a system that was frozen in time from Oct2002(from the old NW PLC comp system). If the account was opened post Oct 2002 and closed as well, then all the details you mentiion would be essetial as NW Archive search would not locate it. Just an aside, The NW Archive I am referring to is a specific search which NW Staff would be able to understand, it may be a lot more difficult post Oct 2002 accounts opened and closed.

Hello Nat west staff member, OH BOY DO I HAVE THINGS TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM THE BANK TODAY!!!! First of all I took as much I.D as I could except I couldn't find my marriage cert. Anyway, with a lot of 'ooh's' & 'aah's', the assistant manager did eventually find my details, then told me they are unable to go very far back, so i said could I have copies from 99', she said it would cost me £5 for every 6 months worth of copy statements, she said I could have them for £30!! i only really want them from about 2001, can she really charge me £30? I now have to find my marriage cert, for her to copy.Should I just send S.A.R. letter now I know account no. or like she said is it going to be difficult to get hold of them as I no longer have an account? Thank you for any suggestions!!

Guest NATTIE

if she has ordered them then say that it clearly states that it is £5 per request and that you have requested them once. To charge £30 is rubbish and that if she wants to do that then instead of ordering them under copy statements you will do so under a SAR which will cost you £10. You now have the account number, don't you?

Hello there Natwest staff member I hope you have received my message, I would be glad to help others in the same boat, apparently the assistant bank manager is off today and tomorrow, and that is why I have no news at the moment, thing is though what or how do I explain I know that it is only £5 per request? I KNOW she is going to ask!!!

Guest NATTIE

Simply state that you know someone who works for NatWest and they have said that the fee is £5 per request and that if you were ordering the same statements that were post Oct 2002 they would be just £5 and that you are aware that when they put a not on your account that they also key in the charge which should be £5. Change of plan, what about going into another branch and simply saying that you need copy statements on a closed account from x date to y date and here is the account number and sort code. Then when you speak to the assistant branch manager you can say that you no longer need them. Am I devious or what?!!!

Guest NATTIE

of course, but not too much of the begging, simply request them because of some dispute from years ago, they don't have to know it is with NW

I will do that then, I will go into my local branch 'armed' with my account no, and request the past 6 years worth of statements, and mention on 'the off chance' it is £5 per request for the copies of statements. Wish me luck, I should start getting somewhere soon!!! Many thanks Natwest staff member...