Zingy --vs-- Argos Card Services **SUCCESS**

zingy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a card with Argos but the account is now at zero.

I received a DSAR from them and sent a request for refund of unlawful charges to them with 8% interest added. Hadn't heard from them so I sent them an LBA letter and their time ran out yesterday.

Pretty sure next step is court. So, wondering if I can add statutory interest to the 8% I have already added? (Yes, I know I should have claim the higher rate, but I did this before I knew I could claim their interest rate.)

And, what credit card POC should I use from http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/120-zootscoot

So they have totally ignored your request for charges ?

Did you check with Royal Mail that the letter had been received and how long has it been since you sent the reclaim request in ?

Yes, you add the 8% at court stage, although they should, if they had any integrity.... give you the 8% on top of any refund.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yep, totally ignored.

The annoying thing is, the first one was recorded (delivered on RM website although no signature), but the second is still 'in the system' from posting on 23rd Feb (also sent recorded).

Been getting a few RD letters that aren't showing as delivered on the Royal Mail website (so no signature), but do get replies - sooo frustrating!

Just thinking, should I pop another one in the post but send it to the registered office saying that I haven't received a reply, or should I just go straight ahead with court?

• 2 weeks later...

I received a reply the other day offering me £90 (not accepting liability, etc) when the amount (with only 8%) was around £150. I want to reject the offer - as I don't think it's fair.

Would you say I should ignore the letter and send them an LBA (the second letter I sent didn't state it was an lba) or just reject their offer?

I received a reply the other day offering me £90 (not accepting liability, etc) when the amount (with only 8%) was around £150. I want to reject the offer - as I don't think it's fair.

Would you say I should ignore the letter and send them an LBA (the second letter I sent didn't state it was an lba) or just reject their offer?

Yes, if you wish to reject the offer you can. Send the letter before action which you can find in the first link. The 2nd link is the the section where you will also find the Credit Card POCs etc should you want to go further and issue a claim through the county court. :D

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/121-bookworm

Do make sure you only use those templates that say they are for credit card/store card use.

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cheers, will do.

One question: which POC should I use as there doesn't seem to be one for store cards in the credit cards section?

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/120-zootscoot

It was number 12 in the library link.

BCOBS

Thanks, CB. But, I was wondering which one to choose in that link (link 12), as the POCs are all for credit cards.

Hmm, yes and yours relates to a store card doesnt it.

I will hit the panic button for you, see if one of the site team knows what to do.

You may have to be a little patient.:D

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, yes and yours relates to a store card doesnt it.

I will hit the panic button for you, see if one of the site team knows what to do.

You may have to be a little patient.:D

CB,

Did you manage to find out what POCs I should use?

As I will need to be putting something together next week.

CB,

The request for charges refund I sent them was the charges, plus statutory interest on top. I'm also wondering if I can claim for the DSAR fee as the following was included in my DSAR letter:

Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

Am I able to add this fee or would I be pushing my luck?

CB,

The request for charges refund I sent them was the charges, plus statutory interest on top. I'm also wondering if I can claim for the DSAR fee as the following was included in my DSAR letter:

Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

Am I able to add this fee or would I be pushing my luck?

Hi zingy, if this is just an initial claim to the company then no, I wouldnt think you could claim the £10.00 DSAR fee. However, if you are going to issue a claim against them in court then you could add that to your claim.

HTH

BCOBS

Thanks, CB.

Yes, going to enter a claim on Wednesday if they don't reply to my two LBAs. I will post up my POCs early next week as this is my first claim (probably of many), if that's okay?

• 2 months later...

CB - Well, just got back from holiday and have a cheque for the full amount:D.

Just wondering what's the best way to discontinue a claim on MCOL? Do I simply write to the court or something else?

Hi zingy.. I saw your wonderful news via the email notice.. so hotfooted it back to CAG to add a word to your title. :D

I am not sure about MCOL, it might be worth telephoning them to find out. or even looking on the HMCS website to see if there is a button to click when someone has paid up.

I do know all you have to do when filing at court is just to write to the court manager to say that this has now been settled by the defendant and that you are withdrawing/discontinuing your claim.

HTH.

BCOBS