Used Legal Cover Failed Now being Counted As Notification!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been trying to get my car insurance down now my renewal has come up and I have just managed after over a year to get an open uncompleted claim which the other party backed out of at the initial stages off of my insurance history with one company...Elephant, which also is sharing records with Admiral. That done my insurance quote still went up by £30 and their calling it a "claim no fault". I also tried to get the years no claims for that year 2008, but since my car was stolen in 2009 their also saying I have lost that even though I was only eligible for that 2 days ago and it has not been used.

I've also found that they want £110 for a "notification" for "malicious damage" that occurred by myself trying to gain compensation from the police for "forcing entry" to my vehicle after them thinking I might be in trouble somewhere in Snowdonia NP by using the policy's "legal cover" to try and get compensation for the £400 of damage caused there. No luck.

So if anyone can help I would like to know if there's anyway to get them to change the "claim no fault" to a "notification" as there was no claim completed and no evidence that there was "property damage" as they are also claiming as part of that and have put on their records and all the information the have came from the other party before they backed out.

And I'd also like to know if they can use the information they have about the "malicious damage" what I know was something that did not have to be reported to them and believed would be confidential as they knew about it by myself using the "legal cover" part of my policy and they have put that onto their records?!

And anything else would help because that's all I can think of? And could the infomation have been put on a larger insurance database and if so can it be removed?

Regards,

Scott808

Edited by scott808

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I got the no claims bonus certificate through today even though I probably can't use it, but its got the two things they were going on about written on it both down as notifications, thank god, and a record from an accident from 97 that I don't actually have to tell me new insurance company about. That's down as a "no fault claim" even though no other vehicle was involved, and once again no claim was ever processed!

...Would really like some help? I don't want to have to expose myself to extra cost and the insurance company's passing on records if I don't really have too? The company I'm now with only asks for information on claims when joining so this is why I'm worried that I may notify them without having too by giving them the no claims certificate.

I donated a little the other day to say thanks for helping me claim some bank charges back, really would appreciate a little advice if you can?

Edited by scott808