Brit Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, just shown this site today by a fellow user, who was shocked to see some of my charges for the last 2 mths;

04 Aug 2006 Charges as Notified £30.00

31 Jul 2006 Charges as Notified £67.00

06 Jul 2006 Charges as Notified £39.00

Total: £136.00

Well Ive been getting them higher and for longer than i can remember,

So here goes;

S.A.R to be sent 23 Aug 06 -

Postal Order & Recorded Delivery Voucher will be kept as proof !! :cool:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Due to being "out of the country" again :( the days since my SAR was sent in has been 228 and not had 1 of 2 accounts requested, can i still go to the ICO office if after phoning the bank , they refuse to send the statements. Or am i over time limits ??

If you get no response to an e-mail, a phonecall to customer relations can often shift them along. I don't know if phoning them is a possibility for you at the moment, considering your situation?

If not, then you can download and complete the complaints form from the ICO. Did you get proof of postage for your SAR, or have you info on when they cashed your £10?

I don't know how they can refuse to send you the info you've requested. Maybe they think its too risky for the postman?:D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Is ok my mail will go to my registered home address, anyways decided to use the template of ive received some but not all LBA letter and sent it to Miss Hinchliffe, by registered mail

Try sending them a non-compliance letter, listing what is missing.

But a phonecall to customer relations was how I got the rest of my statements from them. The personal touch, perhaps?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ive tried that specialy with the recent BACS screw-up, they charged me after not paying me my salary for paying a DD "over limit" and charges for going over limit. "yes Sir, we'll refund that to you, its our fault." Nothing so far.

They really are trying to squeeze every last penny out of you, aren't they!

Strongly worded letters are the only other option, I'm afraid.

And not giving up. They hate it when you keep at them.;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Brit. I think you are supposed to count 14 days from the date of your letter and not the date they receive it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I like to take it from when they receive it, but I think its your choice- does no harm to look reasonable- at least more reasonable than the Halifax.:p

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Doing this in IRAQ? So you're fighting insurgants and banks at the same time??? :eek: Good luck fella, hopefully you'll see your cash as quickly as I did.

And stay safe!

BATRacer: Browser-based motor racing simulation. Free to play :)

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6q0

Advice offered by abo999 is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it.

You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt

Halifax: £1299 settled in full, payment received

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Brit. I think you are supposed to count 14 days from the date of your letter and not the date they receive it.

but with that way round you could write a letter and date it 25 days previously and send it off, cutting down days for SAR's so to stop the Git's claiming fraud I tend to use the day apon recieved :oops:

Right just recieved a list of '94D' charges incurred from 2000,

but using the standard SAR letter should'nt I have been sent All statements from the accounts creation. ?

I am right in thinking this, not just last 6 yrs.

They will not send out more than six years if they think it is for bank charges. Probably because they want you to think you can only get six years worth back (WRONG), as more would cost them, errr, more.

I got more than six years back by phoning and asking them for ALL the statements. They tried to fob me off ("you can only claim back six years, madam"), but I told them that I needed more. They gave in in the end. It takes work but I got back to 1994 when the account started.

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Thanks very much emma, will phone in morning as im only after a data protection inquiry. Didnt say I was yet after claiming anything back.

cheers very much

xxx

just been on with halifax, and the lady informed me that under the SAR they only hold statements for last 6 yrs, anyone else had this one recently ? have they started getting rid of further back statements or is another letter the way forward ?

No- they have the information -see the thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80683-please-post-how-far.html

They are being deliberately misleading, and you should confront them and threaten them with a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office.

I'm afraid another phone call may be in order- I spoke to Phil Jairaminta in Customer Relations. He got the full statements out to me.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Ok, I applied for the statements last August and sent a LBA for one account not sent out, got the "charges" letter, but not the transactions, now "they" say their sending them for just 6 yrs worth, when i get them , am I back at the LBA stage for charges back, or ask for charges & threaten to go to court in same letter ?