Account very overdrawn & claiming charges

craigamc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I recently sent a LBA to HSBC in lieu of my wifes individual bank account, which is currently overdrawn by about £1285

My claim was for £817.50 in lieu of charges during the last 4 years (thats how long she had the account for)

I have today received an offer of 80% which amounts to £654 which we are willing to accept, and we have to sign and date the agreement and return.

However, this still means that we will have an oustanding amount on the account and was wondering if anyone else was in a similar position.

We are now using Natwest and have been since January whilst we try to sort other finances out.

Thanks

Craig

Are you concerned about them closing the account and then demanding the rest of the overdraft back? From what I've seen account closers have happened on condition of an offer, so if they haven't mentioned this, and you're happy with the offer, then you should be ok.

Well done !!

Hi All

I recently sent a LBA to HSBC in lieu of my wifes individual bank account, which is currently overdrawn by about £1285

My claim was for £817.50 in lieu of charges during the last 4 years (thats how long she had the account for)

I have today received an offer of 80% which amounts to £654 which we are willing to accept, and we have to sign and date the agreement and return.

However, this still means that we will have an oustanding amount on the account and was wondering if anyone else was in a similar position.

We are now using NatWest and have been since January whilst we try to sort other finances out.

Thanks

Craig

Why accept the 80% when you are entitled to the whole lot.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

they might refuse to give you a cheque if you owe them money in an inactive account... and they dont rush with the cheque`s they got my acceptence letter 13 days ago and i am still waiting as i dont have an hsbc account !

My wifes current balance is £1285, we are claiming £817.50 - £654 offered!

Joint current account balance is £1884, unsure on the claim amount but expect is to be about £1200

My current account balance is £600, excpect charges to be well over this

Credit cards will probably be quite mimimal

craig

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have a personal loan with HSBC which has now defaulted and been transfered to Metropolitan Collection Services.

In my opinion, the bank has loaned me the money irresponsibly, as if they had checked my credit file at the time of me appliying they would have noted that I had an IVA.

How do I go about taking this further. As they have left me in a very awkard position

Thanks

I think they may argue that as you knew you had the IVA you shouldn't have applied for the loan.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

Hi All

My wife recently won her case against HSBC for £654 after submitting a prelim letter only

We have since sent prelim letters for our joint account and my sole account.

Joint account is £1657

Sole account is £1913

We have recieved standard fob off letters and this our final response.

There must be a certain limit to which they automactically refund for, e.g. under £1,000

• 1 month later...

Hi

HSBC Merged my personal loan with my current account overdrawn balance when they shut my account and sent to metropolitan collections

The balance stands at £8367, however, there are £1964 charges.

I have sent prelim letter and LBA and the response today was basically

we haven't changed our vies from our last letter.

What should I do, given there is abigger picture here?

Ok...we are trying to merge them but can't make head nor tail of it.

Anyway, I would continue with the claim process, but I expect they will prob write that amount off the balance - if the debt collectors haven't bought the debt.

If the DC have bought the debt, then I think the Bank will send you the money in a cheque.