Restons/MBNA Bill of costs ignored

tiokim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have served Restons my bill of costs (following X20 advice) last December after I received the notice of discontinuance from MBNA just before the hearing.

I received from Restons later that month a letter with points of dispute to the defendants bill of costs(basically disputing all items of my bill of costs)

In January I replied to Restons every disputed point. Last month (30 days latter) I sent another letter remind them that I had no reply to my response to their points of objection.

I still have received no reply from Reston and I really don’t know how to take this any further.

X20 advise don’t go beyond preparing the bill of costs , does anyone know the next stage to enforce this?

if you have a bill, then you may be able to use someone like just costs solicitors

they recover their costs of recovering your bill from MBNA so in essesnce it costs you nowt and they do all the hard work for you

Thank you very much PT. I will e-mail them right now. Would be good if they could take it over from me. :D

I am really tired of fighting with this "organisation"after a year long battle.

Hi tiokim

I've just read this post by supasnooper which contains several links to threads containing post on claiming wasted costs etc. (I've not followed any of them though).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/167755-me-restons-discontinued-6.html#post2804684

Just in case you decide not to go down Pauls route for some reason, although it sounds like it might be the easiest and best way to go if you've had enough of the Restons ****.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks very much Rob. Yes, I have taken my initial advice from some of those links and manage to serve to them my detail bill of costs. Now has come to a point where I need to enforce it and nobody has gone that far I think. I am also sick and tired of Restons as you may well remember my battle with them.