Advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this site have been looking some threads. My husband took out a wonga loan and it was due to be collected today,,, we didn't have the money in the account to pay this we have gotten ourselves into a mess to be honest and have rolled it over a few times to help us out over xmas as hubby was working but work stopped paying him and is now on ESA.

I would like some advice on how to approach wonga about paying them back a monthly sum untill the debt is cleared off,,,, i am quite scared to be honest and didn't sleep last night at all and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Cag Eas

the most important thing is to protect your income and you will need to have your debit card reported as lost or stolen. Not a 100% guarantee but normally works. They will take what they can from your account given half a chance.

Negotiation is difficult with this lot but they normally agree something in the end. Never ring them, e-mail is fine. They will try and get you to call them.

If they can't access your cash they will have to negotiate in the end. They may stick loads of interest on but they will struggle to collect it from you. Any future payments to be made by standing order.

Don't lose sleep over it, stand your ground and you will be fine ;)

Thank you cancelled the card yesterday had an email asking for hubby to call them,, will email them now stating what i can afford to pay them back each month,,, thank you for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I gather, Wonga's method of 'pay-when-you-want' helps them add massive interest charges and late fees to it. Probably better to go with someone with a fixed interest, who don't have administration costs... do any do that type?