council applied to evict me - rent arrears

mcjordi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what will the judge ask me on friday?

just so i can be prepared

Not a lot. If there is a duty adviser they will do all the talking for you if you want but if there is no-one or they are busy, then you will just have to say you agree with the council when they say they are adjourning/withdrawing but want costs at £5 a week or whatever arrangement you come to.

You are likely to be in and out within 5 minutes. Its dead quick and nowhere near as intimidating as you may think.

Good luck!

theyve already been awarded costs at the first hearing..

ive been up and obtained a rent statement up until 22/03/2010

and the costs have been added to my rent account already.

so with costs and the housing benefit (there is 2 weeks to come off the total) and this weeks payment of rent and a bit off the arrears the total balance is £387.21 actual arrears...

duty advisor only available on a tuesday (they are from CAB).. so there will be no one there to advise me

thankyou oliver :)

theyve already been awarded costs at the first hearing..

ive been up and obtained a rent statement up until 22/03/2010

and the costs have been added to my rent account already.

so with costs and the housing benefit (there is 2 weeks to come off the total) and this weeks payment of rent and a bit off the arrears the total balance is £387.21 actual arrears...

duty advisor only available on a tuesday (they are from CAB).. so there will be no one there to advise me

thankyou oliver :)

Good luck today.

Try not to worry too much, just have the figures ready for the judge in the event that the council wont make an appropriate agreement before you go into the hearing.

Hopefully, they will agree to adjourn on terms or at worst, ask for a Postponed Possession Order. That said, even an Suspended Possession Order is not the end of the world as long as you keep up the payments but its a bit heavy handed for your circumstances.

good news..

postponed posession order on terms i pay current rent plus £10 a week off arrears.. council werent happy and were pushing for outright possession

on another note my car died tonight :(

the estates officer lied to me from the beginning they wanted possession from the beginning.. i had to fight tooth and nail to keep the house..

big thanks to laywoman

and elle en for the witness statement the judge said it looked very professional

and big thanks to CAG in general

Edited by mcjordi

the council estates officer hates me tho oliver so i wouldnt worry to much.

there legal advisor was sound as a pound..

gutted comes to mind when the judge told me i could stay.. there faces were a picture..