OH -v -Mr Cohen Again!!

BeauBrummie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update to this thread..........

Cohens have applied for Summary Judgement and it will be heard in early August.

This I think was prompted by me writing to Cohens and telling them that it was my opinion that the account had been terminated unlawfully.

Now, I have told them that it is my "opinion" that the account has been terminated unlawfully, without telling them why.

Would it be worth writing too them again pointing out the error in the DN or just wait for the hearing? It just seems a bit flimsy to go into court on just this one line of attack.

Any thoughts please

Thanks

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

This I think was prompted by me writing to Cohens and telling them that it was my opinion that the account had been terminated unlawfully.

Now, I have told them that it is my "opinion" that the account has been terminated unlawfully, without telling them why.

Would it be worth writing too them again pointing out the error in the DN or just wait for the hearing? It just seems a bit flimsy to go into court on just this one line of attack.

Any thoughts please

Thanks

Beau

Did you CPR them, was there a reply (knowing Cohen's as I do you'll have got the standard "we don't need to reply" letter) and have you submitted a defence ?

Did you CPR them, was there a reply (knowing Cohen's as I do you'll have got the standard "we don't need to reply" letter) and have you submitted a defence ?

Hi Mightyacorn,

Yes CPR 31.14 sent and used 31.5 for an extension of time - ultimatley the agreement is good but the DN is not.

Unusually Cohens did reply, and seem to think they are onto a winner by going for SJ??

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Any thoughts please

Thanks

Beau

no. just defend the application and claim your costs

they are testing your resolve

• 3 weeks later...

I was not able to attend court so I am waiting for the Judges decision by snail mail. End of week I would of thought

Beau

Not confident at all, but I have seen the same judge on 3 different occasions now, getting a bit embarrasing. My defnce is good on this - a point of law so that gives me a liitle bit of belief and if it goes wrong there is the option to appeal.

Beau

Has this account been bought by CL Finance? If so you might want to check the balance on the Notice of Assignment as in my experience the balance they put on the Notice isn't the same balance that you owed to the Original Creditor, CL seem to add charges to the accounts after buying them but before notifying you and if the amount on the Notice doesn't match the Deed it can render the Assignment ineffectual.

Also I don't think the Default Notice could be valid no matter when it was received as it wants payment within 14 days of reciept, however the regs state you need 14 clear days, so for them to get the payment you'd need to pay before the 14 days are up.