reply to letter before action!! what next???

louise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

today i recieved this reply:

dear xxx

thank you for your letter dated 17th Macrch 2006 requesting a refund of £3111.66 of bank charges.

the bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed are unlawful and are therefore unenforceable. the contract between the bank and it's costomers is govenned by our Personal Banking Terms and Conditions. in respect of overdrafts, i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. if you authorise a payment that would, if met by us, lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our Terms and Conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you opened your account.

whilst i accept this letter will not provide the response that you have hoped for, i trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. if you are not satisfied with the bank's response you should now refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, as this represents our final response on this matter.

yours sin

phil Beaumont.

what should i do next? please help!!! :(

loops x

First, you should keep to the one thread. Sorry for coming down hard on you, but you have started a new thread virtually every time you post. Do you have any idea how difficult that makes things? That means having to go trawl through all your past posts to find out what you're talking about. I see other mods have obviously already put a lot of work by joining your threads, so please keep to the one in future.

Secondly, every time you have posted, you have asked for information that has been covered time and time again in the FAQs and in other people's posts. It's not on. You need to start taking control here.

As regards this last question, what is there to help ? Did you say you'd sue if they didn't refund within xxx days? Yes? Are the xxx days past? Then 7 days Letter before Action, then Moneyclaim. Templates and links are in the Library. Have fun.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks