CCA 1974 (2006) Regulated Agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This sounds like a really stupid question with an obvious answer, but; when you hire a car personally, where you pay say a £50 deposit but the remainder of the rental when you return the car - is this considered a consumer hire agreement, and therefore regulated by CCA 1974?

Thanks for any help

surely if you are hirin the car for XX period, this is a rental agreement, not HP, so is not covere as there is no credit given.

bit like a council house, you are paying rent.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx

This particular hire was an indefinite period as it was essentially the provision of a courtesy car whilst mine was off the road. As it happens the insurance company was picking up the tab anyway, but I had the opinion that since they were providing a service for an unspecified period of time, they were offering credit...but I am certainly no expert! The Act itself is no help whatsoever - why can't they just write them in English.