who has gardx and dont know it??????????

essexboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

i have posted a thread with regards to Gardx, i believe i was unaware that this product was included in the cash price and the car kit was a promotional gift.

having contacted Gardx, i was told that the product costs between 300-400 pounds and any warranty was between welcome and myself.

gardx initally stated my warranty was not registerd with their company and any warranty was on the proviso that an annual purchase of further products(s)

i am in the process of taking welcome/gardx to trading standards over my belief this product has been falsely sold and any warranty has always been invalid

in my original post it was evident that this was not an isolated incident and was common practice and both parties were complicit in this practice to defraud their customer

therefore is anybody able to confirm they have or may have Gardx in their agreement to support my case and prove this is common practice by welcome and accepted by gardx

you will find in your agreement, next to the make and model one of two things

either nothing or another box stating gardx inc or GX inc

any help most appreciated

essexboy

Hi Essexboy, i have same problem, its on my 'New and used vehicle form', there is price of vehicle and under this price of extras £299, so i think is this 'free' GardX box...

So now i think my agreement is wrong and i been missold, because they charged me interest on extra £299.

:confused:

Bumping for any takers. Do you have Guard X? Check your contracts, Please.

It is my belief that this could be massive if proven that a lot of this misselling of Guard X has taken place.

I think it is very important for the people who have this product has a Gift, but find they are in fact paying for it, and with interest to post on this thread.

We can then collate a mass complaint ( or what ever it is called ) and send it to the OFT ETC.

Cheers, MARK

hi people, checked the docs found gx by make and model also found the warranty doc now how can we prove its included in the price and we paid for it when we where told it was free

Is this £299 that Mattes mentions on all of the paperwork of the people who beleive they have this Guard X? It is shown as Added Extras on the vehicle order form on Mattes thread.

Could you write and ask for a breakdown of what the extras are? I know the chances of getting an answer are next to none but, Nothing Ventured....

This is a problem for wiser folk than me. I do think if some proof can be found though, it will prove to be a thorn in their side.

Cheers, MARK

just won 1k torney so full of inventive ideas,or graspin at straws they include the gx in vehicle details in 2 boxes

make/model [volkswagen golf][incl GX]THE CARS A TDI trade description perhaps, its not down as extras but like this amount of credit for goods £10.106.00 cash price of goods £10.406.00

Edited by tonycard

Is this £299 that Mattes mentions on all of the paperwork of the people who beleive they have this Guard X? It is shown as Added Extras on the vehicle order form on Mattes thread.

Could you write and ask for a breakdown of what the extras are? I know the chances of getting an answer are next to none but, Nothing Ventured....

This is a problem for wiser folk than me. I do think if some proof can be found though, it will prove to be a thorn in their side.

Cheers, MARK

i asked my account manager and he told me i do not have gardx, when it clearly states within my agreement that it is included and i have a warranty to prove this also

albeit that gardx does not recognised this warranty

essexboy

hi mattes1

agreed we do have the same problem i can confirm this was also the case with myself.

the fact you have a new and used vehicle form as i did would suggest this was a second purchase from welcome

it does seem that second purchasers are targeted as they would have received the free car kit previously and do not seem a repeat of this procedure out of the ordinary, apart for the warranty that was signed under false pretences no other paperwork was received stating any t&c's with the free car kit

tonycard you will see if you have purchased gardx on your agreement for it is next to make and model of the car and in the next box will state INC GARDX

mark1ardy thanks for the nudge i have tried to get a reaction on another thread and you input is most appreciated

essexboy

to essexboy:

i received today my SAR request documents, there is absolutelly nothing about this GardX, aswell they never sent me full statement,etc...

If you want, you can look on my thread, theres everything about my account.

I need help from somebody about SAR documents, because WF dont provide all documents what they hold of me, i think.

Thanks.

eseexboy,

no im not settle my account, WF termitated my HP on wrong default notice in january, so today i received mu sar request documents and still waiting for cca request till tuesday, then i start some another action.

Check my own thread, there u can read all story about my HP problems with WF.

ok mattes will have a read now

tonycard

i only asked as when i purchased my first car from wf i did get a free car kit, this was the only reason i did not become suspicious when they gave me another when i purchase the second

it was only when i sent an sar and noticed the extras on the new and used vehicle form for £299

essexboy

they might of done and usually rather than offer a refund they usually deduct your account make the local office look if they have recovered more money that month than they actually have

increases their bonus/ commission

essexboy

thinking of sending this letter to trading standards

any ideas anyone

Dear Sir/madam

I am writing in regards to a product I received when I purchased a car from Welcome Finance. The product was a vehicle protection system called Gardx and I purchased the car on 26TH January 2008.

My complaint is that I was told by the salesman that this product was a complimentary car care gift and it was only after I sent a Subject Access Request to Welcome Finance regarding other issues, that I have discovered that I was actually charged for this product.

I received within the contents of my Subject Access Request from Welcome Finance a document headed New and Used Vehicle Order Form. This form shows a charge of £229.00 under the heading of Price of Extras, I was not advised of any extras by the salesman and have assumed the £299 relates to the price of Gardx.

I spoke to the Operations & Logistics Manager Susan Waller from Gardx on the 3RD February 2010 and asked her about the product Gardx supplies, she informed me that the product ranges between £299.00-£400.00 and includes the car care products and the included warranty is subject to purchasing the conserver.

She also confirmed that their database does not recognise the warranty number or the make or model of the car and after querying this told me any agreement was between Welcome Finance and myself and it was my understanding despite having a Warranty Document, no Warranty existed.

Taking Ms Waller’s advice I also called my local Welcome Finance office and spoke to the office manager, he confirmed that my agreement did not include Gardx despite this being shown on the credit agreement.

The Branch Manager also asked why I was complaining after having the car so long and I found his response unacceptable and suspect his attitude is due to other issues I have with Welcome Finance.

Any reasonable questions put to the local Branch Manager was met with the response that I would have to contact the Car Finance firm I bought the car from, which was Welcome Car Finance who no longer trade.

His claims that his office only act as a broker was technically obstructive and knowing I cannot contact Welcome Car Finance, proves my point.

In an effort to understand the reasoning behind this charge I E-mailed Susan Waller at Gardx on 7TH February 2010 outlining my concerns regarding the lack of acknowledgement of a warranty and the fact I was unaware that I was sold this product and therefore considered it miss-sold,. If sold at all.

Susan Waller’s response received on 8TH February 2010 was just as evasive and a complete turnaround from the conversation I had with her dated the 3RD February 2010. The statement that she told me the reason the warranty was not on their system could be due to a translation error after changing to an electronic system is completely untrue and furthermore unacceptable as any reputable company is required to keep adequate records for six years by law

I responded to Susan Wallers’s E-mail dated 8TH February 2010 by asking several questions, including why was my warranty between Welcome Finance and myself, when it clearly states on Gardx protection headed paper under warranty no xxxxx which includes my details and the details of my car.

Welcome Car Finance may act as a dealer on behalf of Gardx and therefore Welcome Car Finance sales people have a vested interest selling Gardx through Welcome Car Finance dealerships

Maybe, Gardx sell their product at a reduced price to Welcome Car Finance to enable Welcome Car Finance to maximise profits knowing if Welcome Car Finance sell their product under the guise of a complimentary car care gift and incorporate the cost within the cash price they can claim all warranties have been lost through the transition period of transferring all their date to an electronic system.

Gardx, despite claiming to dis-associate themselves from Welcome Car Finance they still have information to prove this product was not miss-sold.

To try and support my claim I have requested the following information:

Was the Warranty Document registered within the thirty day period as required by Gardx own requirements

There is no dealer stamp so is this Warranty Document valid/invalid.

As the Warranty Document has required information missing in the boxes described as cloth/leather suggests the warranty included other items that would not be covered under the purchase of the conserver.