mk one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gonna try to reclaim charges against mk one

Set up ridicilously low credit limit card last year, they still took payment even though I was over my limit. £30 a time, got silly, cut up the card.

Anyway gonna give a shot.

Sending letter to request charges today.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to send a second letter to follow up demand for charges, also off work this week so will ring them up for the information.

These were charges for going over my credit limit set at £100 can I claim these back?

Decided to give them a ring, they denied having the letter, asked for list of charges, girl said she could only look at last 6mnths. Told her I wanted the last 18th months, and she said she would request this information.

Followed up with a letter of confirmation of my requests - hope this does the trick.

Kim

The number of companies "losing" letters at the moment is frightening. I would advise everybody to send all correspondence by recorded delivery. Whilst it is not legally essential, it stops them from using this excuse.

Remember, their inefficient office practises are not your problem.

girl said she could only look at last 6mnths. Told her I wanted the last 18th months,

If all your charges fall in those eighteen months, fine, but, reading around this site, you should be able to go back over the full six years if you wanted to.

Good luck.

[

• 3 weeks later...

Received one letter saying we are looking in your complaint, followed by another saying we need the £10 for DPA, before I sent the £10, received another letter with the statements free of charge.

This now poses a question, I have been charged around 5 times at £10 each for over credit limit plus once at £20....

Can I claim for charges below the £12? ie £10 each or only for over this amount?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks