Civil Recovery Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it's been 40 days since the first letter from Civil recovery Ltd which stated that unless we pay within 21 days they would take further action. I can only assume that there simply incompetent and not capable of keeping up with there own threats! or simply are not wiling to risk taking the matter to court. just goes to show that you need to stand up to these bullies and fight back.

I suspect civil recovery firms are now cherry picking those they intend to pursue;)

Edited by JonCris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just searched on CRL on Google & came across this forum just half hour ago.

I faced a similar situation last night at 9pm & didn’t leave Tesco till 10.45pm. It was a genuine mistake & I purchased £81.79 worth of goods last night but totally forgot about the makeup I put away bcos it kept falling from the trolley.

I was stopped on my way out & the security said they've been following me around the store on camera & I have acted like a professional thief.

I have never been involved with the police & never been to a police station apart from the one time I lost my mobile phone.

I was shivering like a leaf & still shaken by it all. My husband says I should be calm & not worry but reading this forum I sort of feel this is going to be happening to me soon.

I am assuming I will receive a letter from CRL soon - unfortunately with the state of mind I was in I gave in to everything the senior security office asked me to do.

The police were called in this instance & they totally understood it was a genuine mistake & issued me a penalty notice & explained I have not been arrested or criminally convicted. The police offer explained that I could contest & not pay the fine but it would lead to more expenses. I rather accept to pay £80 penalty than contest. I have had bad experience in fighting cases & lost large amounts of money after fighting with Halifax over negligence on a home insurance claim after a fire at my residence.

I am worried sick & would really like to speak with 'moviemakernow' but this is my 1st time on a forum. I am not sure if its possible to speak with other members of the forum.

just searched on CRL on Google & came across this forum just half hour ago.

I faced a similar situation last night at 9pm & didn’t leave Tesco till 10.45pm. It was a genuine mistake & I purchased £81.79 worth of goods last night but totally forgot about the makeup I put away bcos it kept falling from the trolley.

I was stopped on my way out & the security said they've been following me around the store on camera & I have acted like a professional thief.

I have never been involved with the police & never been to a police station apart from the one time I lost my mobile phone.

I was shivering like a leaf & still shaken by it all. My husband says I should be calm & not worry but reading this forum I sort of feel this is going to be happening to me soon.

I am assuming I will receive a letter from CRL soon - unfortunately with the state of mind I was in I gave in to everything the senior security office asked me to do.

The police were called in this instance & they totally understood it was a genuine mistake & issued me a penalty notice & explained I have not been arrested or criminally convicted. The police offer explained that I could contest & not pay the fine but it would lead to more expenses. I rather accept to pay £80 penalty than contest. I have had bad experience in fighting cases & lost large amounts of money after fighting with Halifax over negligence on a home insurancelink3.gif claim after a fire at my residence.

I am worried sick & would really like to speak with 'moviemakernow' but this is my 1st time on a forum. I am not sure if its possible to speak with other members of the forum.

OK go to the top of the page and click retail loss prevention...........just above the box. This will take you to the main page.

Now there is a wee blue box with 'new thread'. Click that and a blank box will come up.

You need to give it a title just above the blank box

Then copy and paste what you have written here into the main box

Then when you are happy click submit :)

I just searched on CRL on Google & came across this forum just half hour ago.

The police were called in this instance & they totally understood it was a genuine mistake & issued me a penalty notice & explained I have not been arrested or criminally convicted. The police offer explained that I could contest & not pay the fine but it would lead to more expenses. I rather accept to pay £80 penalty than contest. I have had bad experience in fighting cases & lost large amounts of money after fighting with Halifax over negligence on a home insurance claim after a fire at my residence.

I'm sorry but for a start the police conned you into accepting an FPN under duress. Had they truly believed you they would have dismissed the accusations

Contrary to popular belief an FPN WILL show up in an enhanced CBR check

I didnt get a chance to explain anything to the police, all they asked is do you know why you have been held back, I said "yes" and they asked me if I have anything to say, I said "I have made a Huge Mistake". These are the exact words the police wrote down as my comments.

But the FPN they gave me states that "I Stole goods to the value of £74......"

I never for to explain anything to the police, when I started telling them about what happened the female officer asked me if I wanted to contest, I said not just yet I will accept the £80 fine as I was desperate to go home & speak with my husband who by then had rung me twice to see why I was late. He couldnt understand what was going on as the security office did not allow me to explain anything to my husband & firstly refused to allow me to make a phone call too.

• 1 month later...

Well I've not had any further contact from CRL or Tesco regarding my wife incident in February. It clear from this that they are only going after cases they are sure they can win or are sure are unable to defend themselves.

I would defiantly recommend challenging them. You need to do it in writing and in a clear and firm way.

This incident you describe was very useful to me. Just the other day my husband (alright he did nick 4 sweets out of a open box on the shelf, others were doing it too) bought items in Sainsburys, paid for them and left the store. He was apprehended by the Manager in the car park and because he is conscientous he returned to the store - big mistake! He was taken into a back office and the police were called. The police gave the Manager my husbands name and details. Hubby offered to pay for chocolates, but as you say they refused this. The shop only wants money from us regardless of the customers drawbacks. To end the policeman made excuse to take my hubby out and they had a talk privately away from store. Upshot was hubby got a caution. Now we wait for store's letter as Manager would be informing Civil Recovery and he's banned from the store. Not sure this is all Sainsburys stores or one only. This took place in a store in NI.

I have read everyone's replies - I'm afraid you can be as cross as can be but it immaterial to big business - all they care about is getting money off us the customers. It probably is a [problem] of some sort but they have most MPs on their side. This is all about money. I shop in Sainsburys a lot, but this incident with my hubby (27/5/10) has really put me off. Big business is getting extra profit from customers this way. It's all a bit extreme especially when geniuine mistakes are made. Stores are getting extra money in an underhand way! Has nobody got their case resolved by cancellation and an apology from the store? It seems to me that store owners live in their own world - its business to them to get money out of the rest of us whatever it takes. This thread should illustrate to you all that if businesses were involved in running the country through politicians it would be devastating for us all. Good luck.

The 'banning' is for ALL Sainsbury stores, not just the one he was challenged in. It has to be said though, their ability to successfully police this is suspect, as a sanction, it sounds worse than it actually is.

JonCris, it was a formal caution because they said it would be on their books for 3 years and he signed something in Manager's office but not in police.

buzby, yes he told me it would be difficult to "police" this ban in other stores - unless they had a photo posted under each till. HA Ha - you never know!