One very surprised Rossendales Bailiff over CTAX bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Had a Bailiff called over £200 Council tax which we dispute as it was levied while we where living in a caravan in a borough nearly 200 miles away.

This is not the good bit, but read on.

I stood firmly in the doorway and asked him twice who he worked for as no ID had been shown, the first time he ignored me, the second time he said the courts.. So no ID shown.

I stood back, held my hand up, and he stepped forward into my hand and also on my stockinged foot with his boots, which hurt.

So I pushed the door shut, with him all the while trying to force it open. He then started hammering on the door, so my wife let the dogs in from the garden and he stepped back.

I went to the front bedroom window and asked twice for ID and all I got was "Rossendales", so I closed the window and he put a 24 hour notice through the door and went.

I called the courts as we have entered a Debtors Petition which is due on Friday (which sadly I erroneously let slip to Rossendales, hence this last minute visit). I asked if Bailiffs can force entry or have right to entry (as he had insisted I couldn't keep him out), and in short words, she said NO.

So I called the Bailiff, and here's the good part RECORDED THE CALL, it was only using my wifes old Dictaphone, but you can clearly hear every word of each side of the conversation.

I'll boil it down and put the basics only, but I informed him that I'd called the courts and that he didn't have a right of entry without a peaceful first entry, which he did not get, and that any attempt to break in would be an offense.

He flew into a tirade about how he'd get in and I didn't know anything.

So I said that all our windows and doors are locked at all times, so any attempt to enter would be breaking and entering.

He said "I will get in and it won't be breaking and entering, I have ways that won't show any signs, so next time you go out, I'll be sitting on your living room sofa".

I stopped him there and told him that I had been recording the call, he said I couldn't use it for evidence and hung up.

Now I will when all this is over (after friday) upload this recording of what was actually 2 calls (he hung up in between), but won't just yet until it's not needed for any legal reasons.

a rossendale bailiff pushed my door open and knocked my 6yr old flying he never offered me any id i tryed to push him out but he wouldnt move i have been told i have to write a letter of complaint to the council i really dont want to have any dealings with this firm again do you think the council will allow me to pay them instead

The complaint to Gateshead County Court is an option, but we have a second option for the moment, because of the circumstances my father in law got a newspaper very interested in all this, to the point that they left us with a little camcorder to record everything, and I forgot about it.

So if he visits again, I will be ready.

Chelleshort, if he has (which ot sounds like) forced an entry, he has broken the law AND Assualted your 6 year old, both for which he can be prosecuted. Did he gain enough entry to list items and leave you with a Walking Possession Order?

Also do you have any witness to him forcing the door (check with neighbors etc, one of ours has agreed to testify that our "friend" tried to force the door open)

a rossendale bailiff pushed my door open and knocked my 6yr old flying he never offered me any id i tryed to push him out but he wouldnt move i have been told i have to write a letter of complaint to the council i really dont want to have any dealings with this firm again do you think the council will allow me to pay them instead

This is awful and need more details, please can you start a new thread so that we can help you deal with this

you can start a new thread here

Bailiffs ARE NOT allowed to force or push past you to gain entry. Placing his foot in the door to prevent you from closing it is going beyond his authority to gain a peaceful entry. you need to file a 'Formal Complaint' to the bailiff company and to the council. If you are not satisfied with their answers then you need to make a complaint to the Government Ombudsman. I would also have a word with your local councilor amd may be your MP too.

It's bailiffs like this that give the industry the reputation it has. Report him to the court that issued his certificate. TT or PT will give you the neccessary details...

That will be under the form 4, but you must make a formal complaint to both bailiff company and council before you proceed with this

Seanamarts, I'd looked at the Form 4 and it all seems a bit one sided on the DCA's side to me, but I have requested a copy of the formal complaints procedure from Kettering Council and Rossendales along with any forms involved, and WILL proceed with a complaint.

They CANNOT be allowed to get away with this sort of behavior, I have already tried to reconcile this with both the council and the DCA to no effect, and made it VERY clear I knew where I stood regarding DCA's and Bailiffs, and he basically told me all I knew was cr*p, which is why I called Hastings Courts to confirm their powers.

The lady I spoke to there was pretty disgusted with his conduct I can tell you.

They seem to base their argument on the fact that most people think a Bailiff can just come bursting through your door, but seem to forget that the internet exists and information flows very freely on such matters

A form 4 is a complaint against a certificated bailiff which is to be sent to the court where he was certificated. Once a judge has read your complaint then he/she asks the bailiff to respond. if the judge is not satisfied with the bailiffs responce they the judge will call for him to a hearing to adress why he acted in the manner he did, then the judge will decide whether he is fit to still hold a certificate. it is long winded but in your case may be worth looking into.. but complain to the council first. what he did deserves him to lose is certificate

Where do they get these thugs from?:-x

I've just spent a few days on a people profiling course - would love to profile one of these - I bet he wouldn't fit the "published" profile for a bailiff. More needs to be done about how these oafs are recruited and the firms who recruit them should be fined for their employees "shortcomings" (for want of a better word!).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Did you find out his name and have you checked to see he is properly certificated in order to collect this demand?

PT

I had his surname, and now know his certificate runs out 02/04/2011, and of course his full name and the court that issued his cert.

What I REALLY object to is that he treated me as if I'm an idiot, I spent YEARS at college, have 10 A levels and 2 Degrees and can if I wish insist that I am called Dr but have never used the privilege, how long did he spend in THUG school.

I'm hoping he does come back tomorrow, my son is ready with the camcorder from his bedroom, and my wife will make sure the dogs are behind the closed door when I step outside to greet him.

He took me a little by surprise today and his thuggery had me a bit befuddled to begin with, but I am ready for the next visit, I'll have him in verbal knots before he leaves confused about what it actually is he does...

Where do they get these thugs from?:-x

I've just spent a few days on a people profiling course - would love to profile one of these - I bet he wouldn't fit the "published" profile for a bailiff. More needs to be done about how these oafs are recruited and the firms who recruit them should be fined for their employees "shortcomings" (for want of a better word!).

Ell-Enn, they are NOT "Oafs", they are THUGS that have been given a piece of paper by the courts that give them limited powers, that they seem to elevate into Super Powers... For some reason the image of "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpsons came into my head, dunno why, it's not really relevant

Are you going to analyse him - would love to see that.

PT

ps will men in white coats be hiding in greenhouse?

Me and my son make a VERY good investigative team, the name Hentooth comes from an old shopping site I ran where we found stuff for people that was "As rare as Henteeth", we found some odd stuff for some VERY odd people.

But Me and my son found a bit of a knack for digging things out, so we'll soon find out how many assault charges he has against him or is the recipient of, and also how many complaints have been made and so on.

I already know his address and landline, but of course will not share it.

Absolute and utter disgrace.....:mad:

If this thug does not have his licence removed and / or prosecuted for his actions, I will lose what very little faith I have left in the "system".

Good luck with this and keep us informed....;)

It's bailiffs like this that give the industry the reputation it has. Report him to the court that issued his certificate. TT or PT will give you the neccessary details...

i agree totally..... these we can do without. He is probably in his infancy as a bailiff and generally, this type of idiot wouldn't last 3 months in the job.

They are not wanted by the industry, or the debtors ( sorry, bad word ) :)

i agree totally..... these we can do without. He is probably in his infancy as a bailiff and generally, this type of idiot wouldn't last 3 months in the job.

They are not wanted by the industry, or the debtors ( sorry, bad word ) :)

Hmm, excuse me if UR not, but the way you worded that makes me think RINGER.. IE Bailiff reading the forum

Absolute and utter disgrace.....:mad:

If this thug does not have his licence removed and / or prosecuted for his actions, I will lose what very little faith I have left in the "system".

Good luck with this and keep us informed....;)

I will keep you informed, and have been encouraged by family and friends to do as much as I can to show how bad these rogue bailiffs are as I can.

So I will

But one last thing before I go to bed, and it is repeated all over these forums, use technology, record everything from pictures, to sounds, to videos, then you have EVIDENCE

Most web cams have a mic, in fact most laptops do, whatever you have, record what you can when the bogey man calls, it will make him think again about how to behave, and you can get him into so much trouble with a few recorded words.