Keeping informed.

gordond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. DPA SAR letter and £10 cheque given in to reception at local branch 8 Aug 2006; receipt of details received.

Acknowledgement letter received 10 Aug 2006 from Susan Taylor, Data Protection Administrator. Indicates that "the law allows 40 days for SAR to be completed from the time we are given sufficient information to carry out the request. I have today requested duplicate statements for the account you have requested and I will send these to you in due course".

I hope this is an ackowledgement of "sufficient information to carry out the request" and not a delaying ambiguity.

Oh, is the 40 days just that or 40 banking days?

if you took the DPA-SAR to your bank and they accepted it and gave you a receipt then the clock started ticking on that day. Its 40 days, not working days.

What do they mean by sufficient information?

If you stated the account numbers in your letter and the name of the account holder, what else do they need.?

Sounds like just another delaying tactic, keep to your timetable, not theirs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Just had my satements back from NW, after just 15 days.

Now comes the interestng bit of adding up the charges. If a mistake is made will it invalidate the claim or necessitate a restart of everything?

The pack is headed by some 27 reasons why manual intervention may have been applied to my account but nothing specific. Should I do anything or just ignore this?

Just had my satements back from NW, after just 15 days.

Now comes the interestng bit of adding up the charges. If a mistake is made will it invalidate the claim or necessitate a restart of everything? No you can change the amounts at any letter stage the only place where you really need to get it 100% is at the moneyclaim stage, even here you can change details but it costs £30 I think.

The pack is headed by some 27 reasons why manual intervention may have been applied to my account but nothing specific. Should I do anything or just ignore this?

Just add the charges from the statements. If you want to claim overdraft interest you need to use the advanced spreadsheet.

Hope this helps

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com