Payday UK - Help And Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, like many many people Ive fallen into the trap of the pay day loan, after several months, probably knocking on year and a half , of just paying of the interest, Ive decided its time to stop the cycle...

What I need to know, is whats the best course of action, the payment is due this friday, my next pay day, Ive already asked my boss not to pay me into my current bank account, the one they have details for, and today went and opened a new account with the co-op.

Should I let payday UK know that I wont be making a payment this payday and will defaulting on the loan, and offer a payment plan...another words, is it best to be unfront or is it best to just let then try and take a payment and when it fails, and deal with the aftermath.

Also Iv had then call my boss before, and dont want this to happen again, what actions can I take to ensure they dont call him his time around??

They called your boss !!! how did they get his name? did they tell him what they were calling about?

Email Payday and tell them you can no longer afford the interest payments and make an offer of what you can afford each month - conditional on them stopping further interest charges. How much did you originally borrow and how much (roughly) have you been paying for 18 months? I should think you've paid back the original loan amount several times over.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I think I borrowed arround 400, Ive easily paid back the original loan several times ova trust me.

The think is Im currently looking at going bankrupt in the next few months, clearly Im allowed to add this debt to my growing list, when I do go bankrupt, correct??

When I email them, can I add a few lines in stating to contact me only and any phonecalls to my boss or any one other than me, will be seen as harassment??

They called your boss !!! how did they get his name? did they tell him what they were calling about?

??

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well when I applied they asked for employment details, I never gave them contact details, guess they found them out themselves, I dont think they told him when they rang, but boy did they ring, Im a courier driver, so Im never ever in the office, he told them that, they finally listened.

Can anyone who has defaulted with Payday Uk tell me what to expect, are these a pain in the backside to deal with, im due to pay them friday, but gonna send a repayment offer email to them tomorrow...already opened new bank account, so just concerned and wondering what to expect

anyone???????

I default tomorrow, I intend to offer them £20 a month, I owe £525...Gonna email them tonite, with offer of payment, does anyone have a email address for these guys??

I have never dealt with this lot but suspect they will refuse your offer to start off with. However if they can't access your bank account they will have to negotiate.

Although not for the faint hearted, personally I would tell them that they are getting nothing more and that they will have to take you to court for it. If a court agrees their claim they will probably let you pay off at a tenner a week if that's all you can afford. A court may be interested in the money they have had back off you. Doubt pay day UK will risk it.

Don't let them bully you.

Hi skinjims

Only just read your post by now you have probably defaulted but wanted to share my experience,i defaulted 2 weeks ago but was upfront with them before i defaulted,i phoned them a day or 2 before and explained my situation,i was told to waitfor due date but they did thank me for letting them know.When due date arrived i phoned them and arranged a payment plan with them,i asked them for bank details so i could pay it into there account and they sent me an email with payment arrangement etc,not heard anymore,keeping a track of my payments and will just pay it every month,they didnt contact my work or anything.

Hope you get on ok,let us know and good luck xxx

Hi montrose

I did send you the details ive been given,i deposited my payment and havent heard from them since,so take it they are correct.

payday uk barclay bank

account number: 70610534

sortcode:3803886

ref: your pduk account number.

I had originally done it wrong but edited it,the dtails on the sticky are the ones ive been given.

Good luck xx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...