Recieved notice of hearing for "Stay to be lifted" on 3rd March - Any advise?

veester
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So did you just ask for directions or did you ask for a hearing?

Looking at item B, the SC made it clear that there are still questions over the legality of bank charges.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for just and i quote "directions as appropriatte".

On re-reading i see what you mean by (B)

Edited by veester

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

Well you have until the 15th March to submit your written submissions setting out your position in respect of the actions, given the terms of the judgement of the Supreme Court in the OFT Bank Charges Litigation.

By that time we should have the amended particulars of claim (if we don’t then a lot of us will be struggling) so we all should be able to base our submissions on the new POC's.

pete

Unless you have something solid by the time of your case, it might be adviseable in your submission to ask for the stay to be extended.

You may need to look at your cases from a different angle. Is there anything about your case that stands out from the rest of them making them more unfair for you than for other people? I'm merging your earlier thread with this so the whole story can be seen and we can see if there's anything that can be sorted to allow you to proceed.

Are both HSBC and Nationwide to be heard at the same time? Presumably they could be different circumstances so we should be looking at them seperately.

I know citizenB merged them, and I can understand why, but on reflection I'm sure she'll see why I'm splitting them again.;)

You aren't being given much time to look at the aruments from HSBC and NW.

Which court is this?

Under section c of the order, I think you're being asked what you're doing to try and settle it, and you should give that some consideration too. Is there any compromise that can be made in the cases?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

5 HSBC threads merged.

I'll have a read through tomorrow.;)

Nationwide thread here for those who'd like to look. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/243961-veester-nationwide.html

Edited by caro

I have asked HSBC to settle on a few occasions - obviously they have refused.

Further HSBC have not changed there charges like some other high street banks, so i can't say pay me the difference plus interest - and us that offer as the carrot in terms of © settling the issue.

As posted on here, best to see what comes out of the new POCs and apply for a stay or not as appropriatte.

The hearing for my HSBC and NW case are set on the same day/time.

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

I've only read your HSBC thread at the moment, but I think you should probably ask for the stay to be extended until there is more clarity following the Supreme Court judgement.

All the documentation for the OFT case is here. Test case - documents - The Office of Fair Trading

• 2 weeks later...

I have just read http://www.consumerforums.com/the-news/news/623-the-bank-charges-decision-where-to-now

And am actually pretty happy to write that my case would fall squarely into Reg 5.

When the charges were being applied i was suffering from PTSD - have doctors proof to that effect - provided to the NW and HSBC - they ignored it and then went about the usual activities as described in the article.

I intend to continue my claim against the bank and will post my draft to the bank re negotiation and trying to settle out of court shortly.

Veester

I have just read http://www.consumerforums.com/the-news/news/623-the-bank-charges-decision-where-to-now

And am actually pretty happy to write that my case would fall squarely into Reg 5.

When the charges were being applied i was suffering from PTSD - have doctors proof to that effect - provided to the NW and HSBC - they ignored it and then went about the usual activities as described in the article.

I intend to continue my claim against the bank and will post my draft to the bank re negotiation and trying to settle out of court shortly.

I have just seen your comment and I have sent you an email.

Please would you contact me urgently to discuss your case.

Thanks

Veester, you may have an opportunity for assistance from CAG, but you need to get in touch sooner rather than later to give the best possible chance of success. If it's left too late there may not be time to help you.

Hi Caro - Bankfodder sent me an PM, and i have responded to him, but recieved nothing back yet.

Veester

I will post my draft response to HSBC this evening - i have a meeting to attend to now.

What else will i need to prepare for the stay lift hearing?

Veester

Hi Caro - Bankfodder sent me an PM, and i have responded to him, but recieved nothing back yet.

BankFodder's PM box fills up faster than it can be emptied so better to email him @consumeractiongroup.co.uk address. Just put bankfodder in front of it and put a title something like veester PTSD so it's easy to find.