Welcome Finance Secured Loan Nightmare

BEBOBEBO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have sent you a pm ref: multiple agreements - cannot post in the open forum just yet - case still going on.

Could you send me the PM again ?, dont seem to have it :)

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Could you send me the PM again ?, dont seem to have it :)

Will do.

Also, looking at some of your posts, you say you have requested a copy of the agreement, and 3 times they have only sent you one page, is this still the case? And if so did you make a formal CCA request?

What year was the agreement made?

Will do.

Also, looking at some of your posts, you say you have requested a copy of the agreement, and 3 times they have only sent you one page, is this still the case? And if so did you make a formal CCA request?

What year was the agreement made?

The agreement was setup in 2005 and yes they have only ever sent us a one page photocopied agreement.

Did you make a formal CCA request?

Yes using a template letter.

worth looking into this more, this makes good reading http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con...OFT1175con.pdf

Bebo

Edited by BEBOBEBO

Thanks - i have a copy of that.

Dont forget to send the account in dispute letter will you :-)

And dont let Welcome feed you any BS - such as you can't put your account in dispute as they are not members of the banking code - or any other such nonsense - and if they do - report them to the OFT straight away - as that would be a clear breach of not only OFT guidlines - but also CPUTR 2008.

If they contact you again - after you have sent the account in dispute letter - and still attempt collection action - note very carefully the wordig they use in that action - as it could also be a breach of guidlines and an offence under CPUTR 2008 - depending on what they say to you.

• 2 months later...

BEBOBEBO, I read through your thread (yes, all 21 pages)! You have my heartfelt sympathy for all that has happened. It's been a while since you updated and I was wondering where you are with this.

I have a secured loan with Welscum (completely illegible agreement, figures don't match, PPI etc) and I have paid more than half of it back. I put the account in dispute but they continued to add interest on and now I owe £7k more than the original amount loaned. I want to re-mortgage my house and I'm damned it I owe them this much and I certainly don't want them to get £32k out of my hard earned house money!

I hope you get something out of this and I wish someone had the cojonos to take on this **** bag company and help all of us out!

:mad2: MadKit

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after several years of fighting I have finally had some success. In 2010 I won my PPI claim but they would never pay up as there was a discrepancy as to how much should be repaid. I had letters going back and forth for 3 years. In the meantime I had done a sar and I raised a separate PPI claim with WF not through fos for my old agreements. I Dec I got offered 2.5k to resolve all my accounts current and old. Well in there calculation I found it was wrong so I wrote back.

Well 3 days ago I got a letter which was an offer for 12k and a cheque for £100 for compensation in the delay. It seems this should have been given to me in 2011 but for some reason it never happened.

So don't stop fighting I didn't and I finally got a result. I still have other issues being raised with them but on the PPi side I have won.

Bebo

• 3 weeks later...

Well done!

My fight with them is still ongoing in the court. I feel a victory at hand so perhaps I will be able to update my thread soon with similar news.

Fantastic result!

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!