Getting Deposit Back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does a letting agent have to give you your deposit back within a set time?

I moved out of my tenancy two weeks ago and now they are ignoring me. They keep saying they will look in to it and call me back and are not replying to my e-mails. They said in their letter that they would check the inventory when I left and subject to the property being left in a clean condition and there being no damage that it would be transferred by BACS.

All I am trying to get them to tell me is when I am 'likely' to get it back, I am not demanding it today albeit it would be nice. It would seem they are not so customer friendly when your not wanting to take on one of their properties.

Stop dealing with the Agent for a moment; they may be deliberately giving you the round around, or are just plain hopeless/lazy.

Instead, review the stickies here at CAG with regards Tenancy Deposit Schemes. You make no mention of this in your post, hence my suggestion.

There are three organisations you first need to call, if you haven't already, to check if your deposit is protected. Don't call the Agent about this.

Once you have made your calls post again here, again, don't bother dealing again with the Agent for now.

There are a number of posters at CAG who are better versed with TDS disputes than I and they should then be able to help you as to what you do next!

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)