You will NEVER believe it or couldn't make it up!!!!!

CitizenFrank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have posted before but here is an update and request.....

In the 'middle' of exercising my right to VT with welcome and overall its so far so good I think!

None of the historical issues read on this and other sites over the collection of the vehicle, no inspection? no awkward collectors?

I took the photo's inside and out as everyone suggested and waited for the agent to call, he couldn't start the vehicle due to a flat battery!

No messing, he signed the paperwork and my V5 log book and arranged for a transporter to call within 48hrs....which it did....so vehicle gone and only the VT sum due to 'cope' with!

Now as I posted previously this is some £1,650 based on approx £150 due under the 50% rule of payments due, approx £500 due under 50% of breakdown insurance due (sold over 24mths cover on a 48mth agreement!) and approx £1,000 arrears.

Was looking and hoping for advise over the arrears and the insurances on here please????

Before writing to them on both matters, the £150.00 seems pretty unarguable to be fair.

Then yesterday, four days after the vehicle was collected a gentleman called me from Welcom Credit Control and Collections asking initially how the VT was proceeding, if the vehicle had been collected and how I wanted to pay the £1,650.00!

I said I was seeking legal advise and that a letter would be sent direct to them within 7days.

His reply was amazing....

He said 'well thats fine but my job is to collect this sum in some was or another now and you do still owe us £315.98 a month under the terms of your agreement'

I said pardon, but having exercised my right of VT I owe you the sum quoted within your VT department letter and subject to clarification.

He replied 'no Sir if you read the small print on your contract, you are obliged to pay your contractual monthly sum/payment as a minimum until all the debts are cleared'

I then asked if the call was being recorded, he didn't know, so I asked him to repeat what he had said, which he did.

I then advised that whilst I was merely a customer and my knowledge is possibly nothing like as great as his, I did know that what he had just advised was bothy WRONG and very 'naughty'!

Explaining my 'full' and recently acquired knowledge of how VTing works I summarised that the sum to take my payments upto 50% WAS due, the insurance sum to the same 50% I was not sure and seeking leagal advise over and the arears remain contensious, however it was a plain lie ands attempt to collect money for his own 'targets' that prompted his request for my 'old' monthly payment ammount and three times stating that this was within the rules of VT!

He retracted his statement and said that through my emotional pressures I had not fully understood all he had said and had confused him!

Cheats!!!!!

Help please

well for a start I would claim the insurances back, all of it as its been miissold. contact Direct Group at www.directgroup.co.uk and quote your welcome agreement number.

Now with the insurances, its my understanding (as per their T&C's for the insurances) that the premium is paid in one lump sum at the begining of the agreement. Welcome pay this and then make you pay over the 48 months and make money on the interest (as well extra on the inflated insurance prices).

As I work within the insurance business, if you cancel a policy then normally you get a refund of the remainder, but may lose out by a month or so worth. no big deal. its the same as car insurance etc..

so with this in mind, you cancel the policy, welcome then get a refund of X months and nothing further is due by you to welcome, but the cheeky sods still ask you to pay extra so they make more money!

I also bet that on the agreement there is nothing saying you have to pay upto 50% of the insurances. the 50% threshold is for the car element only. So welcome can go take a running jump off a short pier!

if they moan about the fact its in their T&C's then why werent they part of the agreement? and do you have a copy?

just a few things to think about heh heh.

Thanks for that.

I think I'm aware of what you say regarding the insurances as I think I've actually been refunded 'pre-paid' insurance premiums when settling a loan years ago....must work the same.

That will give me ammunition to use to quell that part then and I'll advise how this goes.

The arears seems to be the area nobody can advise, my fear is that they are due....though if you have paid OR pay upto the 50% then I can also see an argument that way too!

Yes I do have the agreement.....the twist on that is that it was completed on-site at CarCraft but with Ucan! It then turned into being with Welcome at the point the paperwork and payment schedule came through after the deal settled.