EX causing problems

ceebee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure whether anyone can advise on this. My best friend has been divorced now for 8 years or so and re-married 5 years ago. His ex wife was given custody of the children and also re-married. Her new husband is a bully and complete control freak and has been giving my friends son a hard time (he's been kicked out about 10 times over the last year). The son is 16 next month and two weeks ago he decided he had had enough and left home to live with his father. The ex wife called the police and social services and after checking decided that no further action was needed as the boy acted on his own free will. The son wants to live with his father permanently and has asked his mother for his belongings in particular his birth certificate and passport. Also his school books as he is due to take his GCSEs this summer. His mother and step father have refused to either send them or let him collect them. Apparently social services say there is nothing he can do as its their house and basically they can do what they want. Surely personal possessions especially documents such as passport etc. are his by right. Any had a similar experience or know what action can be taken to get these back.

He would need to be accompnaied by a police officer who would be there to avert a breach of peace, Thats the only way around it that i know of.

Also make sure benifits are informed so the ex can not claim child benifit etc if the child is not there.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...