Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have the lowdown on Stephensons Solicitors?? They've been in touch and want to take instructions from me on a legal aid basis and appear to be suggesting that I claim damages for the new car I had to buy, time spent without the car etc etc

All seems a bit too good to be true to me as apparently it won't cost me a penny.

Hmmm scepticism :!:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmmmmm!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?209418

Oh!!!!

pt2537

user-offline.png

Royalties Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

reputation_pos.pngreputation_pos.pngreputation_pos.pngreputation_pos.pngreputation_pos.pngreputation_highpos.pngreputation_highpos.pngreputation_highpos.pngreputation_highpos.pngreputation_highpos.pngreputation_highpos.png

Cagger since Jan 2007

Posts 12,979

pault1975

icon1.gif Re: Stephensons Solicitors

If people are being directed to Solicitors throught he open forum then i would like to know where these recommendations are as i will remove them right away.

I cannot recommend any particular law firm anyway, but even if i could, i would not recommend them as i have heard some real horror stories.

Have you secured a copy of your file from them showing no activity?

You should do this as a matter of urgency

Edited by middenmess
added to post.

Does anyone have the lowdown on Stephensons Solicitors?? They've been in touch and want to take instructions from me on a legal aid basis and appear to be suggesting that I claim damages for the new car I had to buy, time spent without the car etc etc

All seems a bit too good to be true to me as apparently it won't cost me a penny.

Hmmm scepticism :!:

Well, ask yourself why they didn't approach you until you got your slam-dunk video footage. :rolleyes:

Having said that, have you done any research into whether you could indeed claim some of the things they said? After all, you have to re-do your POC, haven't you??? :madgrin:

Just been having a catch up on your thread. what developments !! Those pictures are awesome ! and there is no way they can wriggle out of that. It would be majorly embarassing for them to be in court with the statement of truth next to that evidence

Hope it went well at the solicitors today

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

Just been having a catch up on your thread. what developments !! Those pictures are awesome ! and there is no way they can wriggle out of that. It would be majorly embarassing for them to be in court with the statement of truth next to that evidence

Hope it went well at the solicitors today

It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it lol! I woke up last Sunday morning and decided that come Hell or high water I was going to get that damn video to play and 5 solid hours later....hey presto!!

:whoo:

I honestly don't think I've been happier since I found Astrid again! :lol: Especially when bold as brass he strolls on to my drive!

Had to rearrange my appt for tomorrow cos the sol was in court today but I sent a lovely letter to welcome towers instead informing them of my new evidence ;-) Apparently the sol I'll be seeing has previously won cases against Black Horse and Santander for unlawful repo so he should know his stuff!

Well, ask yourself why they didn't approach you until you got your slam-dunk video footage. :rolleyes:

Having said that, have you done any research into whether you could indeed claim some of the things they said? After all, you have to re-do your POC, haven't you??? :madgrin:

I've decided to give Stephensons a wide berth and stick to the local one instead! I was aware that I could claim damages but unfortunately I didn't find that out until after I had submitted my claim, but as luck would have it I now have a chance to re-do it! Yay!!

Afternoon wanabe

sorry but been off the grid for a while

dam knee again

what is the situation as now

brief update from start to finish please

this thread realy has been going on long enough

The long and short of it is that we went for a SJ hearing where they bought so many other issues into the equation it was deemed too complicated to be summarily judged so was listed for trial. They requested that I be allowed leave to amend my claim and they be allowed leave to amend their defence. Their defence now consists of "the agent didn't physically enter your property, he stood on the pavement and reached it", however I have just come across new evidence to prove he did enter my premises and so they lied, not that that washed as a valid defence in any case!

I've just sent them a letter telling them about my new evidence and giving them the opportunity to settle, have to be seen to be reasonable an all that. If they don't respond, I shall amend my claim to be even more vicious and expensive than before and the game will continue!

start looking for a replacement car of same age and milage and get quotes also for what a replacement car would cost,

you will get back a replacement car AND the cost to replace

double wammy

thats retail cost, not trade

No need to look I already found my old car for sale and bought it back!

What cause of action are you basing that on? Can you provide some links to the legislation and/or case law that shows that remedy please?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I put my hand in my pocket today and paid for some legal advice just to be sure that I am doing everything I should be. I have to say that I had a great time! :madgrin: The solicitor was fab, he answered a lot of my questions and agreed with me that now I have a blank canvas for my claim, it can be reasonably expanded to include the cost of having to replace the car and damages for trespass on top of what I have already asked for.

It all stems from their breach of statutory duty and the damage caused as a result of that, and apparently there is no limit to the amount of causes of action I can include in one claim :madgrin:

I said I wanted to utilise breach of statutory duty, trespass and unfair relationship and he said that would be perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

Got until Friday to serve my amended claim so round 2 coming up! :lol: