PPI claim - Capital 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Zoom,

This is my third attempt to respond to your query, had problems getting on the site earlier.

I have not had a reply yet but did sign the letter (with a twist) and kept a scanned copy.

They asked for a signature with my SAR and sent them a signature and the paperwork came back with a different signature on it so yes, as DX says, it is a typical delaying tactic.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, had 2 letters today from Cap 1, the one relates to my letter to P2C and the other as follows:

'Thankyou for writing to us about your account (I do not know which letter they are replying to, PPI claim or further SAR), it will take a while to look into the situation and investigations may take longer than 4 weeks but they will collect the information etc!'

Hi, had 2 letters today from Cap 1, the one relates to my letter to P2C and the other as follows:

'Thankyou for writing to us about your account (I do not know which letter they are replying to, PPI claim or further SAR), it will take a while to look into the situation and investigations may take longer than 4 weeks but they will collect the information etc!'

If you are unsure which letter they are replying to, I would drop them a quick note just asking them to advise which letter they are responding to as you have more than one complaint that are waiting resolution. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Bosund, welcome to my thread.

I am after a template letter for claiming charges back on this card, can someone point me to one please. Did find the one for claiming charges on bank accounts but not one for credit cards. Do I use the same one and amend it?

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dotty,

Just starting to get into these muppets, got info through SAR but only going back to October 99, card was taken out in 1997. Was astonished to find I had been paying PPI on this Credit Card as application form(which they sent as agreement) does not have box ticked.

The interest side of the claim is a bit baffling and will take a while to calculate as statements they supplied do not show rate, but onward and upward.

Watching with interest (at 27%)

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Hi ajs,

I had a bit of a mental block when starting this but got there in the end by calculating a lot of the interest manually and then using one of the calculators on this site.

Shout if you get stuck and if I can help, I will.

Heard back from them today and they have refused my claim! :(

They confirmed that I didn't ask for it when I completed an internet application (this is the first I knew it was an internet application). They then sent a PPI summary leaflet as part of their marketing with an acceptance form, which is what I signed and sent back to them. They have not sent me a copy of the summary leaflet, only the acceptance form with my signature on.

They add that my circumstances met the requirements to be eligible at the time, they do not offer advice when selling it, it was sold on a non-advised basis.

They say that I cancelled the policy on xxth Nov 09, six years after it was purchased. (2001 to 2009 is 8 years by my maths) I have not cancelled it. The date they quote is the date the DN was issued. Does this cancel PPI automatically? I have not had any statements since.

Feeling really deflated now, wonder if I will get the same response to my charges claim?

usual bull then.

no i DN does not cancel PPI, they wouldn't cut their cash cow that way.

i like the bit about it was sold on a non-advised basis.

ok well you can get them on that alone, did not explain there were alternatives on the market etc etc. - shot themselves in the foot there!!

continue the claim

go get 'em

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

But how when they have refused it?

I think they should have supplied a copy of the PPI summary leaflet they claim I responded to but I guess they won't conveniently be able to supply this.

its not for them to make up the mis-selling rules as they go along!!

they have stated it was sold on a non-advised basis.

see:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

dx

and they

Dotty, will have to PM you to find out how to work out contractual interest.

Have 5 cases going just now, Capone (PPI+Charges) Egg (Charges)

TSB (No CCA) Barclaycard (SAR) HBOS (Bank Charges)

Life is never dull.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Hi Dotty50

Just seen this thread re Capital One. I'm about to make a claim on them for my partner and realised I may be able to claim interest as well. we have a response to our SAR but it does not detail the interest rates that were applicable. How did you manage to find them?

Thanks

Mark

should be on any statement top right 'purchase intererest'

dx

and they

Hi Dotty50

Just seen this thread re Capital One. I'm about to make a claim on them for my partner and realised I may be able to claim interest as well. we have a response to our SAR but it does not detail the interest rates that were applicable. How did you manage to find them?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mah500,

Use the instructions given very kindly by Emmtay in post 25 on here.

What I did to calculate the interest was add total interest added each month divide this amount by the balance for that month and divide by 100, that will give you the monthly rate, you can then use a calculator off the internet to calculate the APR, I used this one.

Interest Rate Converter, Convert monthly to annual APR or annual to monthly

It takes time, I hope I did it right, as I had 9 years to go back.

Have sent my 'Appeal' letter off today. Fingers x

Hi Mah500,

Use the instructions given very kindly by Emmtay in post 25 on here.

What I did to calculate the interest was add total interest added each month divide this amount by the balance for that month and divide by 100, that will give you the monthly rate, you can then use a calculator off the internet to calculate the APR, I used this one.

Interest Rate Converter, Convert monthly to annual APR or annual to monthly

It takes time, I hope I did it right, as I had 9 years to go back.

Have sent my 'Appeal' letter off today. Fingers x

Thank you and good luck with your 'Appeal'

Mark