post excel spreadsheet on this forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an excel spreadsheet that I would like to post on this forum so others can see it. what is the best way to do this ? . . I would guess if I had some webspace then offer it as a link for CAGers to download but were offers free space to do this. any suggestions ?

You could upload it to photobucket.com then copy and paste one of the links here.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Sure you can photobucket accepts docs

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

do you have office live if you do you can share it on there with this forum

Ok if i try to upload as attatchment using this forum it gives error.

time.xlsx:

Invalid File

I still think I need somwere on the internet to actually store it to link off first.

The problem is the file format. Valid file extensions for post attachments are bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, mp3, pdf, png, psd, rtf, txt, xls and zip.

What you have is an xlsx. The X at the end signifies this as a spreadsheet created in Excel 2007 or later.

you need to open it up on your machine, then go to Save As and make sure you save it in XLS format. It'll then attach just fine.

Heh...or find somewhere to host it whilst I'm writing the explanation :D

Either way, it's worth noting the whole xls/xlsx thing (the same goes for doc/docx).

Basically, earlier (2003 and earlier) copies of Office can't read these later versions without the Microsoft Compatability Patch added to the system.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...