I actually had a result with Nationwide...

Peepo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally something good happened to me.

My bank account was -£160 in debt - All unauthorized overdraft fees.

I had a bounced direct debit, they charged me a fee & then finally I was able to prove the mistake was on the part of T-Mobile. So Nationwide refunded me the fees & my account was back to normal. Then they started charging me £30 per month unauthorized overdraft fees based on the month my account was overdrawn by their direct debit charge. :roll:

I called them up, no dice, but the lady gave me an address. I wrote them a letter expecting nothing & they replied with all charges removed from my account. And they even closed the account which saved me the trouble as I already moved to Natwest. I am smiling for the first time in what feels like years! :)

For anyone with the same problem the address I have is

Refund Charge Team

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for lateness with reply. This was the letter I wrote.

C/O xxxxxx Street

Town

County

Postcode

Account Number:- xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing with regards to bank charges which have been applied to my account.

On 19th of January 2009 I was charged £30 for a returned direct debit which occurred on 1st December 2008.

On 19th February the returned direct debit fee was returned to my account after I explained the mistake had been on the part of T-Mobile. My Nationwide account balance was then returned to zero.

I have not used the account for some months & now see that I have been incurring unauthorised overdraft fees, even though the unpaid direct debit fee was refunded in my account.

I am an unemployed single parent, and now due to your system I am £154 in debt through no fault of my own. Why am I now being charged unauthorised overdraft fees when I was told the matter had ended when the unpaid direct debit fees were returned to my account?

I am requesting for these fees to be removed from my account.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXXXXXX