Letter of dept from Iqor

paulok123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

6 weeks ago i recieved a letter from Iqor demanding on behalf of paypal £3000,my ebay account had been compromised.The person who stole my account sold over £3000 of items over a few weeks which these poor peaple did not recieve and so have blamed me.I had not used ebay for over 12 months.Ebay did not get intouch with me as i have changed my internet provider and phone number,why thay did not write God only nows.Anyway i got in touch with iqor and told them what had happened,they said they would check it out,what a bitch she was.I did the usual things got in touch with paypal,ebay etc and tried to explain to these morons.The £3000 did not go into my paypal account but the person who stole it.Ebay i think saw my user name which he kept and without checking everything fully just got iqor to hassel me.At the end of the morning and with the iqor letter and transactions information that had taken place in hand i went and saw a solicitor.By the way my ebay information was down loaded by a ebay friend as my ebay/paypal accounts had been stopped.My solicitor has written to iqor and as yet had no reply after 8 weeks.I am paying the solicitor to do my dirty work but out of interest does anybody now what will happen next.

Edited by paulok123

6 weeks ago i recieved a letter from Iqor demanding on behalf of paypal £3000,my ebay account had been compromised.The person who stole my account sold over £3000 of items over a few weeks which these poor peaple did not recieve and so have blamed me.I had not used ebay for over 12 months.Ebay did not get intouch with me as i have changed my internet provider and phone number,why thay did not write God only nows.Anyway i got in touch with iqor and told them what had happened,they said they would check it out,what a bitch she was.I did the usual things got in touch with paypal,ebay etc and tried to explain to these morons.The £3000 did not go into my paypal account but the person who stole it.Ebay i think saw my user name which he kept and without checking everything fully just got iqor to hassel me.At the end of the morning and with the iqor letter and transactions information that had taken place in hand i went and saw a solicitor.By the way my ebay information was down loaded by a ebay friend as my ebay/paypal accounts had been stopped.My solicitor has written to iqor and as yet had no reply after 6 weeks.I am paying the solicitor to do my dirty work but out of interest does anybody now what will happen next.

did you never think of reporting this to the police as it is fraud" obtaining money by deception ,with a crime number these idiots will take notice of you!.

pers i would not pay asolicitor anything, but neither would i pay Iqor anything either.

paypal appear to sell written off info to iqor [or they buy it?] thus you get on their phishing for mugs list.

they are a DCA there is NOTHING they can do to you bar send threat-o-grams. they have NO LEGAL POWERS.

stay off the phone too.

if you heard nothing from paypal themselves within that 12mts, even though they had your AD [which they passed to Iqor] fair bet they have no interest in you.

dx

i'd send them the deny any debt letter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In cases like this (I've had 2) Paypal are very quick to sell on your debt to DCA's, dont worry, not a single one has even taken court action, no doubt because they are on extremely shaky ground legally. I had the same arguement with Paypal, they insisted that I should inform the police, but I personally had lost no money, PP had just made me account negative (they took money out to pay but the original fraud victim) so i told them that they should inform the police as it was them (PP) that had lost money !.

Eventually the DCA's gave up. Personally I wouldnt bother to pay for a solicitor.

I'm assuming that you didnt actually lose any money ?. Its just your PP became negative ?

Andy

Hello,andydd thats right i lost no money just had my ebay/paypal account closed down.The first transaction by this prat was August 2009 where as my last transaction was 2 August 2008 and have not been on ebay since then.So from around August 2009 this prat took over the account still using my username and chalked up £3000.He used the account for a few weeks selling and buying and to all accounts every body dealing with him were happy.So with my excellent record and his by now he spent the next 2 weeks selling high value products and recieved the money from paypal but no one got there stuff.Needless to say what peaple have said about me.Paypay without any thought or professional integraty have taken the easy option and blamed me.

Edited by paulok123

Hello,andydd thats right i lost no money just had my ebay/paypal account closed down.The first transaction by this prat was August 2009 where as my last transaction was 2 August 2008 and have not been on ebay since then.So from around August 2009 this prat took over the account still using my username and chalked up £3000.He used the account for a few weeks selling and buying and to all accounts every body dealing with him were happy.So with my excellent record and his for those few weeks he spent the next 2 weeks selling high value products and recieved the money from paypal but no one got there stuff.Needless to say what peaple have said about me.Paypay without any thought or professional integraty have taken the easy option and blamed me.

Yeah..my thoughst exactly, PP take no responsibilty despite the fact its their lax security that allow fraud like this to continue, it far easier for them to blame the innocent party instead of investigating and trying to find the guilty party, at the end of the day, its their loss, they wont (legally) be able to get any money from you so just ignore it or reply to iqor asking for details how exactly 'you' owe them money...they wont be able to provide any :)

Andy

Hello andydd,just to say that my solictor did write to iqor 8 weeks ago asking for the transaction paper work from ebay and paypal but has yet heard nothing.I supose no news is good news.I might add that on having the solicitor taken on my case i had to hand over £500 to get things moving, if the case is cut and dry i'll get most of it back.

Edited by paulok123

Hello andydd,just to say that my solictor did write to iqor 6 weeks ago asking for the transaction paper work from ebay and paypal but has yet heard nothing.I supose no news is good news.I might add that on having the solicitor taken on my case i had to hand over £500 to get things moving, if the case is cut and dry i'll get most of it back.

Not sure how you are going to get £500 back, is that what youve paid the solicitor ?

A solicitor has done nothing that you could acheived yourself with a simple letter, thats part of the reason this site exists, to empower us all without the need for expensive so called experts. :)

Andy