Bank Charges - Any News

lovejoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have posted on their blog this in reply to someone:

"the points concerning Reg 5, UTCCR and section 140A of the CCA apply across the UK generally. So yes. The information provided is not specific to Scotland."

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i owe £175 or it may be 285 now im not sure the debt collectors contact me like once a month :mad: i haven't even got a contact number, i only went £5 overdrawn to begin with.... i live with my dad have no income and i don't even own any property can the bailiffs take my dads stuff if it went that far?

i owe £175 or it may be 285 now im not sure the debt collectors contact me like once a month :mad: i haven't even got a contact number, i only went £5 overdrawn to begin with.... i live with my dad have no income and i don't even own any property can the bailiffs take my dads stuff if it went that far?

Your dad's possessions are safe unless he acted as a guarantor for you in this account. It sounds like you should contact FOS and try to get the se charges written off as a hardship case - if te Bank knows you have no income. This is definitely a case of unfair treatment - £280 charges on a £5 overdraft!

BD

Just read through MSE's pages - their new letters and templates are for genuine hardship cases, via F.O.S.. They expect new templates for those with cases stayed at Court 'by mid Feb', and they do say that this is far more complex, as we all know, and recommend the Ombudsman route and claim to have recommended this all along apart from at the very start!

Looks like some while yet before those of us with claims stayed at Court have any real prospect of 'getting going again', though having said that it is, undoubtedly, a hugely complex legal minefield for the experts to sort out, and they have to get it right before recommending people to undertake it. The Goven Law Centre are I believe working extremely hard to sort out a way forward, if indeed one does exist - from what I've read so far they are very hopeful.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)