Equita Bailiffs - Help Needed!

Grapes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Been having a crap few years but have started to get a grip! Been in arrears with the council tax and they sent us off to Equita, what a lovely bunch they are!! Send us threatening letters although we have already informed them that once the remortgage goes thru will pay them! Finally snapped this morning and composed the following letter, what do you think?

16th August 2006

To Whom It May Concern

Account Numbers 99XXXXX & 10XXXXXX

As previously communicated we are currently awaiting the re-mortgage of our property. This has taken far longer than expected but is due to complete within the next week.

If further details are required please contact our solicitors

Address of solicitors is in here!!

Upon completion the account 99XXXXX with outstanding sum of £800.06 will be paid in full. We are in possession of a payment booklet for the account.

Account 10XXXXX with initial sum £1063.53 will have a large amount paid towards being paid in full. Once this payment has been made we will request it is returned to District Council. We require a payment booklet for this account as we no longer have access to either a cheque book or debit card and will have to pay in cash.

Please confirm the arrival of this letter by return.

Please desist from sending computer generated letters that include phrases such as "despite numerous communications and bailiffs visits" when there has been one letter and no visits as we there is ALWAYS somebody at the house and we would have noticed! This is an exercise in intimidation and as such should stop. Please make all communication relevant and covering of the salient points.

Yours,

Feel like sending a letter to the council and saying do you know what a bunch of a***holes you are employing!

OK feel better now :oops:

Guest Zooman

You have things in hand and I am glad you are feeling better.

You need to add something like this.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am aware of my rights concerning bailiffs and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods. I also know under schedule 5 what costs can be imposed on the account and at what points.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for time considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Guest Zooman

also I always do this when dealing with bailiffs

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filled with my account for further reference.

Many many thanks for your reply.

Have added the following as suggested

Please desist from sending computer generated letters that include phrases such as "despite numerous communications and bailiffs visits" when there has been one letter and no visits as there is ALWAYS somebody at the house and we would have noticed! I would like to make you aware that I am aware of my rights concerning bailiffs and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods. I also know under schedule 5 what costs can be imposed on the account and at what points.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for time considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Your letters are an exercise in intimidation and as such should stop. Please make all communication relevant and covering the salient points. I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filed with my account for further reference.

What do you think?

There are two different accounts for two different years, last year and this year! (They were pretty keen missed one payment and off to court!)

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I have also been having dealing with these lovely people...

I am in need of some advice, i had a payment plan set up with them.. £5 a week.. I told them instead of calling up every wook to an 0970 number i will be calling every 4 weeks to pay £20 or anymore i may have spare (i was out of work at the time)

So today, some little so and so came knocking on my door... He served me with a notice saying they were coming round within the next 24 hours to remove my bellongings...

After talking he agreed to give me a month to get all the money and he woud hold off any action...

Now whats getting me, the amout i owed has gone up from just over £700 to £1022.. When i asked about the increase he informed me it was a charge for his visit...

Is that legal?

Hello all, I have just received a letter from Equita Bailiffs stating that will be attending within the next 48 hours and to make sure that some one over the age of 18 is present so as to take stock of items being removed, i have got a liability order but have been paying sefton council direct, it seems that they are not talking to each other?

Any advice please

MH

Edited by mhill716600
ADDITIONAL WORDING

• 4 months later...