Ruthbridge LTD victim

peapod01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

from the Consumer Credit licence public register - edited for clarity here but all avaiable online

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name

0377496 Current Ruthbridge Limited

Event Details:

Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status

Renewal 12-Jun-2009 Open

Address Type Address Action

Correspondence Ruthbridge House, 15 , London Road, TWICKENHAM, TW1 3ST, United Kingdom Pending

Principal Place Of Business Ruthbridge House, 15, London Road, TWICKENHAM, TW1 3ST, United Kingdom Pending

Registered Office 13 Princeton Court, 53-55 , Felsham Road, LONDON, SW15 1AZ, United Kingdom Pending

Consumer credit Removed

Consumer hire Removed

Credit brokerage Removed

Credit reference agency Removed

Debt adjusting/counselling Removed

Debt collecting Retained

Provision of credit information services, excluding credit repair Pending

from the Consumer Credit licence public register - edited for clarity here but all avaiable online

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name

0377496 Current Ruthbridge Limited

Event Details:

Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status

Renewal 12-Jun-2009 Open

Address Type Address Action

Correspondence Ruthbridge House, 15 , London Road, TWICKENHAM, TW1 3ST, United Kingdom Pending

Principal Place Of Business Ruthbridge House, 15, London Road, TWICKENHAM, TW1 3ST, United Kingdom Pending

Registered Office 13 Princeton Court, 53-55 , Felsham Road, LONDON, SW15 1AZ, United Kingdom Pending

Consumer credit Removed

Consumer hire Removed

Credit brokerage Removed

Credit reference agency Removed

Debt adjusting/counselling Removed

Debt collecting Retained

Provision of credit information services, excluding credit repair Pending

Intersting!! Surely if this has been removed, then they are in breach of their consumer credit license when they continue to offer such services??

Surely a complain is in order?

I am a first year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. If you are in doubt, always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I think Im starting to formulate a plan of action.

I will write the Subject Access letter and confirm if the debt is statute barred or not.

Then write a letter of complaint to the OFT about the letters Ruthbridge have been sending.

Thanks everyone I will keep you up to date, I will obviously be getting more letters.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I think Im starting to formulate a plan of action.

I will write the Subject Access letter and confirm if the debt is statute barred or not.

Then write a letter of complaint to the OFT about the letters Ruthbridge have been sending.

Thanks everyone I will keep you up to date, I will obviously be getting more letters.

Dont wast a tenner on a SAR. Send Ruthless the Stat Barred letter and make them prove otherwise

try this one.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO COSTS

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 00000000

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

I would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

only print name not sign

Thank you for the letter which I will send tomorrow and then wait for onslaught.

It seems the debt has been bought from Cabot and I see they are also a terrible company too, thanks for the letter.

I have another Question as im a little confused, I thought the limitation for debts in Scotland is 5yrs and 6yrs in England, could someone clarify for me please.

I have another Question as im a little confused, I thought the limitation for debts in Scotland is 5yrs and 6yrs in England, could someone clarify for me please.

I believe you are right.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Peapod are you in Scotland. If so its a completely different letter using totally different legislation. That letter is only good for England and Wales. Scotland and Northern Ireland have different legislation. In saying that Ruthless wouldnt know the difference as they are only a low life DCA

In saying that Ruthless wouldnt know the difference as they are only a low life

lol aint that a fact, The letter is only being sent out more for peace of mind, If it is statue barred and you know this to be fact then just send them nothing and ignore all correspondance as they are allowed to ask for monies but cannot do anything legal against you . .

Scottish version from template letters.

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6 "If, after the appropriate date, an obligation to which this section applies has subsisted for a continuous period of 5 years:

(a) without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation, and

(b) without the subsistence of the obligation having been relevantly acknowledged,

then as from the expiration of that period the obligation shall be extinguished:"

I would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period".

The last acknowledgement of this alleged debt was made over five years ago. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from myself in the relevant period under Part 1 Section 6 of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 , I would respectfully suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against myself to recover the alleged amount claimed.

Should you continue to pursue this account without providing this evidence I shall seek an interdict and damages accordingly. A formal complaint will also be made to Trading Standards along with a report to the OFT questioning your fitness to hold a consumer credit license.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Thank you ODC, Im busy looking for legislation so I can construct a good letter, unless there is already one on the site that I've missed of course, I'm looking as we speak.

Regards :D

Sorry I thought I had posted the link but I see aktiv has

Thank you for the letter, Im starting to understand how things work a little better but im still a little confused with some things so thanks for beidng so informative.

Im not sure if this debt is Statuate Barred, I have tried to settle terms with everyone but none of them wanted to know they just passed on the debts, we got so many letters that we didnt know who was chasing what and very often there was no indication as to what the debt was for.

All of our debts are from about 7/8 years ago, but as I think back I got very angry with a company who kept threptening to send doorstep callers, I wrote back and said please do send the caller as I would like to discuss the issue further and to let me know aprox what time to expect the caller: they never wrote again and they never called.

Can I confirm please the debt becomes Stat Bared 5years after the last payment and its not the case that its 5 years from the default and if the company hasnt taken legal action within the 5 years then it becomes Stat Barred.

Im just trying to fully understand sorry for being a thicko, once i start to fully understand it I pick the rest up quickly.:rolleyes:

Im just trying to fully understand sorry for being a thicko, once i start to fully understand it I pick the rest up quickly.:rolleyes:

You are not a 'thicko', it is important that you fully understand and ask questions when you are not sure.

Someone more knowlegeable will answer your questions shortly.

regards

• Haha 1

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

The debt become 'extinguished' in Scotland five years after your last payment or written acknowledgement of the debt. The registering of a default with a CCA is irrelevant as this can be done many months afterwards.

Send the Scottish letter to Ruthless and await their pathetic response. REMEMBER the burden of proof rests with themto prove its not Statute Barred. Its not up to you to prove it is

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Yall.

I'm back, I have followed all the advice to the letter, kinda; I printed the letter out and put it in the envalope, I kept forgetting to post it but I'v realised, I havent heard a dicky bird from them.

Now I'm thinking, just sit up and shut up and dont tempt fete, dont remind them i'm hear.

I'm wondering if because they havent heard from me they decided I'm too much trouble and handed the debt back, or could this be the calm before the storm?

I just wanted to update you as youve been so good with your advice and help, I didnt want you to think I had just taken what I could and run off.

I hope ruthbridge think I have, he he he!:oops: