Baiting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st post!

Now I think these parking shenanigans are fascinating-- been there, done the ignoring thing to the bitter end.

I'm up for some fun.

Can these guys be baited and would it even be sensible?

For example, say I receive a "PCN". They send their first shot implying I'm liable as the keeper of the vehicle, I reply that they should take it up with the driver.

"I can provide this information. My charge per hour is £55 and I anticipate that it will take up to 4 hours to retrieve details of the driver."

;)

There are some people who have been baiting a PPC in Staffordshire for a couple of years, now.

[Of course, this is only what someone in the pub told me]

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Whatever wrongs of the parking management companies, the landowner is entitled to some respect of their property - most people here did not deliberately go out of their way to get a ticket.

The problem is that if you up the ante, someone other than you may come off worse. Evidence of "baiting" will be used by the perky's of the world to support their agenda.

(perky=former "member" of forum who wants build a parking management empire).

Completely understand where you're coming from sputum, but IMHO it would be an excercise in futility & a waste of energy. If I've learned anything from my own experiences over the last few years & those of others as posted on this & other forums, the best way to 'wind them up' is to completely ignore them - the more people that learn this lesson the better. Remember it's nothing personal, it's just 'business' as far as they are concerned.

Otherwise the best way forward is to expose the names & faces behind the [problem].

Edited by StrawDog
typpo

You said a PCN, right? You mean one issued by the Local Authority?

For example, say I receive a "PCN". They send their first shot implying I'm liable as the keeper of the vehicle, I reply that they should take it up with the driver.

The OWNER would be liable. The driver is never liable simply because they were the driver (no-one's driving when a car is parked up).

"I can provide this information. My charge per hour is £55 and I anticipate that it will take up to 4 hours to retrieve details of the driver."

See my previous comment. Also you have no legal authority to impose charges for defending a PCN. They would dismiss your claim, that's all.

Just as a suggestion, rather than baiting, how about 'dogging'? I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see the clampers, PPC's and the tow truck drivers given a good f******

Kindly do not censor something that does not need censoring. I neither swore or bypassed any filter system as quoted.

The missing word is 'feeling'. Can be interpreted any way the reader wishes. In my case, is the feeling of goodness and wellbeing.

Edited by JimmySpangle
Bypassing swear filter

You said a PCN, right? You mean one issued by the Local Authority?

PCN was in quotes acknowledging the confusion that their naming causes... it seems to run deep!

See my previous comment. Also you have no legal authority to impose charges for defending a PCN. They would dismiss your claim, that's all.

I think my point is that there seems to be no solid legality behind a private private parking company's behaviour. Why can't I impose terms too?

I really can't see the difference in my adding a note to my windscreen in a free car park next to some shops, informing a ticketer that they will be liable for costs to remove the sticky glue. It's a contract, right... we are compelled to follow the terms by barely catching sight of a sign on the way in?

The problem is that if you up the ante, someone other than you may come off worse. Evidence of "baiting" will be used by the perky's of the world to support their agenda.

I would say that it depends what the baiting is, if you are going round parking in spots to try and get a ticket then I would say No!

However, if you had parked perfectly reasonably and got a crass unenforcible invoice for some stupid reason and you want some fun with them I say go for it! :)

Just as a suggestion, rather than baiting, how about 'dogging'? I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see the clampers, PPC's and the tow truck drivers given a good (Edit).:mad:

Best place to (Edit)'em over is in the courts. These types don't like it up 'em and don't like losing money.:-D

Edited by maroondevo52
Bypassing swear filter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------