Help

Nuala 1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can some one out there help me i have been looking around this site now for a week and am still none the wiser on were to find the bank letters and how this thread thing works i am very confused i wish there was a tel number for some one to help me.I know you all must be very busy so i hope some one can find it in there hearts to help me Please!:confused:

Don't forget to read the FAQ's.

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Nuala, First of all, have you got your 6 years worth of statements from the bank or do you need to get these?

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

I can give you some help with HSBC queries. I have claimed against them before, and am familiar with the rules of engagement.

The first thing to do is request your 'Transaction History AND Notes' as a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. You will need to enclose the statutory MAXIMUM £10 admin fee, and also let HSBC know that they have 40 days in which to comply.

• Haha 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you very much appreciated i am claiming for 2 accounts thru HSBC so would i send them a cheque for £20.00 also do you think it is better to hand you letter in at a branch or to post :)

Technically speaking, all the information they hold on you is covered under the DPA, and that extends to both accounts. You may need to word it to something like: "please send all information and notes for accounts XXXX and XXXX...I enclose the statutory maximum £10 fee..."

Delivery - it is really whatever is most convenient. Recorded delivery is not expensive, and it gives you proof of delivery. If you hand in at your local branch, it would be sensible to print off a covering note, and get someone in the branch to sign for your letter - again as proof of delivery.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you get a response to your DPA request yet?