home contents cock up, iv been conned advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a slight tangent - did the agent calling you advise you to take out his policy over another one?

He would have needed to have used words like "You should take out this insurance cover instead of Barclays because ....".

Im sure they must record their calls 'for training and monitoring purposes' so you could ask them to check the original recording.

Also did you take out personal possessions cover?

If you did a PSP could be included under this for 'All Risks'. Worth checking.

Sounds like an E&O claim at best, but you have to have cooperative brokers to be successful, IMHO.

Can I suggest the next time you take down the broker's email and summarize your conversations from now on, as in -

As per our conversation, this policy will cover accidental damage, as described in my example to you blah blahblah

Then he'll have to properly research it and come back to you with the real deal, or you have the evidence for future claims. But make certain he does come back to you by email that he confirms such and such is true. This goes for any cover of particular concern to you. With that said, keep in mind it's your responsibility to read your policy wording and schedule at every renewal or adjustment.

I know, this advice comes inconveniently late.

I would suggest that if they dont have a copy of the original telephone conversation then they will end up admitting defeat and paying you out of their own pocket or getting the insurers to pay as its a genuine mistake.

I work in the industry and would suggest doing the following.

Write an official complaint letter detailing the original telephone conversation and how it came about i.e. a cold call with a highly trained sales person. Make sure you copy this directly to Paymentshield. They will both have to log the complaint and provide an official response.

For help on the correct procedure to follow read the info on this link.

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Make sure you keep to the strict deadlines or should I say watch to see if they stick to them, they are all scared of the compliance surrounding complaints and the attaching fines if they dont deal with them correctly. The minute they dont get onto the ombudsman.

What alot of people may not know is that for an insurer/broker to be taken to the ombudsman for not dealing with an official complaint correctly it will cost them. I think from memory it costs the insurance broker/company £250 regardless to the outcome.

Its likly for the amount you will be claiming for and the attaching excess it may well come under that amount and to avoid additional work it may just end up getting paid as a gesture of good will..

Long story short is that if you follow this procedure and stick to the truth about the telephone conversation its up to them to provide evidence to defend their position.

1. No telephone recording then they have no chance to defend it..

2. They discover the telephone recording they then have no choice but to payout because it will be proven that what you have complained about is the truth!

Be persistent and dont give up. Thats what they will think/hope you will do.

Sherry1980