Help with store complaints

paulandgayle07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm hoping you can shed some light on my situation here and also that i have this in the right place!

Quick lowdown of issue that started and finished last year!

Bought a mobile phone from CPW - had cashback and champagne included.

after 5 faults or so with phones needing swapped everytime - 6months later had put in several complaints about service and also no claimback gift being recieved. Finally in july - champagne arrived and matter was closed.

Due to the really bad service i cancelled my phone at 9 months through insurance and that was that - water under bridge - case closed.

Just over a month ago i needed a cheap mobile for work - not even thinking about where i was going i went into the same CPW store and after a quick chat with the manager i chose my wee phone and went over to pay for it.

litterly within seconds i was getting screamed at by a staff member shouting i had a cheek to be in this store - do you remember those complaints you put in about me - about the champagne and my service - its my reputation on the line etc etc etc.

I was standing there gobsmacked - and to be honest pretty damn taken back and frightened as she was physically being agressive with her body language and shouting at me.

The manager told her to drop it - but there was another customer and my partner who was also in the store - they knew nothing about the complaints i had put in about that staff member - i felt humiliated and distraught that my personal and private complaints were being broadcast on the shop floor and infront of strangers.

When i got home and had calmed down - i emailed the cdunstone email addy and had no reply for 6 days - so another email and letter were sent out to the addresses i had previously.

I was told that the store manager is off and wont be back until tuesday - so about 5 days later i had to wait again and send off another email.

Finally 18 days after the whole ordeal i got an email from the high risk complaints team saying they were sorry and it had been escalated to the regional manager - who has upto 7 days (not working days) to reply.

That was on the 14 november.

on the 23rd of november i was really upset and emailed again saying how i was feeling very let down and felt that i was being ignored. I recieved an email on the 25th november telling me that the store manager had 'email issues' and the system hadnt sent them to his email box?????

I emailed back and told them it was the regional managers duty to contact me as informed by the high risk team and i would give him until this friday to contact me and explain why i now need to get further help involved.

So far this ordeal has been from 27th october until now - and NO manager of any store has contacted me personally with an update.

Also another problem is that they informed me that the staff member in question no longer works for the company - surely that i dont need to know?

I know she lives quite close to me and when i go to the local sainsburys i am feeling very aprehensive incase we bump into each other and she starts on me - its very emotionally battering to be worried like this.

I have kept every single email that i have sent and recieved and i am waiting on an update to the last email from 25th november - they actually want me to tell them what i want as compensation - or how they put it - resolution??

How can they ask me such a question when i am the victim and i am the one who is emotionally and mentally upset and to be honest traumatised by this whole incident.

Can anyone help me??

To be honest I sympathise with you but when dealing with companies they tend to want to know what they have to do to put it right.

As the woman no longer works there you should just be aware and register a complaint with the police if necessary.

I would advise calling Trading Standards (via Consumer Direct) but as they have asked what resolution you want to come to you will just have to put a monetary figure on it and send it in.

Say you believe that according to the stress, poor customer service, embarassment and inconvenience you believe £500 would be an appropriate compensation figure.

They can only say no... make you a counter offer or accept.

What have you got to lose?

Hi guys

need a little further help from experienced guys!

I have still had no contact from CPW or any senior managment regarding this complaint and i am now feeling very ignored.

I have contacted trading standards and i need to wait 14 days before they can do anything - this will be up tomorrow hopefully.

i did email them back with a figure amount for compensation and now since im being ignored i was going to email them back and shake them up a bit.

Anyone have any good spiel to help me out with?