The BBA response

magictorch1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Angela Knight, from the BBA, was asked whether they would continue to make unauthorised overdraft charges. "The banks are mindful of their customers, they know the concerns of those who have paid the unauthorised overdraft fees and those who have not," she said.

"Individuals can avoid any charge by putting their overdraft arrangements in place first."

Thoughts ?

Angela Knight appears to be EXTREMELY out of touch. Fine if your bank will give you an overdraft Ms. Knight !!!!! :mad:

Angela Knight, from the BBA, was asked whether they would continue to make unauthorised overdraft charges. "The banks are mindful of their customers, they know the concerns of those who have paid the unauthorised overdraft fees and those who have not," she said.

"Individuals can avoid any charge by putting their overdraft arrangements in place first."

Thoughts ?

Angela Knight appears to be EXTREMELY out of touch. Fine if your bank will give you an overdraft Ms. Knight !!!!! :mad:

I don't actually think she's human. Maybe she is one of those 'reptilians' that David Icke talks about. I can envisage her flicking out a long forked tongue. :eek::)

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I have just sent this via the BBA website, addressed personally to Ms Knight.

Good evening Ms Knight

I read with interest your statement to the BBC today concerning the Supreme Court ruling on bank charges and note that you advise that customers can avoid bank charges by arranging authorised overdraft facilities in the first place.

I was wondering if you could also make a statement to the BBC advising what customers should do whereby the bank refuses to give an overdraft facility due to past credit history?

Your statement infuriated me, as has the results of the test case. Whilst I appreciate that as part of the BBA your statements reflect that of the organisation but I was incensed at your rose-tinted glasses outlook on the whole situation. It is completely unacceptable to make such a blase and reckless comment.

If this is the banking systems answer to the problem then kindly supply me with your email address so I may forward you my sort code and account number and you may get in touch with the relevant people within Barclays Bank PLC whom I bank with and arrange an overdraft facility on my account so that I may no longer be a victim of these disgusting and inflated charges.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

I have just sent this via the BBA website, addressed personally to Ms Knight.

Good evening Ms Knight

I read with interest your statement to the BBC today concerning the Supreme Court ruling on bank charges and note that you advise that customers can avoid bank charges by arranging authorised overdraft facilities in the first place.

I was wondering if you could also make a statement to the BBC advising what customers should do whereby the bank refuses to give an overdraft facility due to past credit history?

Your statement infuriated me, as has the results of the test case. Whilst I appreciate that as part of the BBA your statements reflect that of the organisation but I was incensed at your rose-tinted glasses outlook on the whole situation. It is completely unacceptable to make such a blase and reckless comment.

If this is the banking systems answer to the problem then kindly supply me with your email address so I may forward you my sort code and account number and you may get in touch with the relevant people within Barclays Bank PLC whom I bank with and arrange an overdraft facility on my account so that I may no longer be a victim of these disgusting and inflated charges.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Address future correspondence to the planet Arg. She might end up reading it. ;)

http://museum.cwlwd.com/Lizardman.jpg

And 40 seconds to 56 seconds in this little clip is Lord Phillips and Angela Knight gleefully laughing at all of you for being massive mugs:

Edited by renegotiation

I want to see this ridiculous women answer the relevent questions not constantly attacking a strawman. Why can't we get these pricks on a special edition of Question Time Angela and some other shiny "%^& in a suit opposite Martin Lewis and our Marc.

Would love to see them squirm when presented with facts which undermine thier arguments.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Guest DebtWeary

Question Time is on tomorrow, not sure who is answering the questions but this issue is bound to come up I would think. You can bet that there will be some sanctimonious git on the panel telling us that we should avoid these charges in the first place!!

Question Time is on tomorrow, not sure who is answering the questions but this issue is bound to come up I would think. You can bet that there will be some sanctimonious git on the panel telling us that we should avoid these charges in the first place!!

I felt they should have really stuck it to the banks. There was a little bit of dissent, but none of the panel seemed really passionate about it or branded them as the evil mafia they are.

Edited by renegotiation

Lord Falconer wins a special award for being breathtakingly naive. After defending the decisions to go to war in Iraq (not an easy thing to do I would imagine) in relation to banks he says he hopes they would change thier ways volunatarily...

WHAT? They wouldn't listen to thier customers genuine compaints, it was this pitiful self regulation which gut us into the mess on charges not to mention the near collapse of the global financial system.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.