sheriff officer

linda m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

been phoned today about a supposed outstanding loan payment , the company said they would serve an arrestment of wages at my work. Iwork for the local authority at a school and they said they would get sheriff oficers to go to the school and serve it, is this allowed surely not , the school does not pay me the wages dept of the local authority pay me. Any advice would be much apreciated

In other words, have you had Decree issued? If not, this will be followed by a Charge, and then - yes - Sheriff Officers could call at the school, but would be hghly unlikely - the solicitors would simply sent the arrestment to the local council and let them take payment.

However, if you've been nowhere near a court - they cannot send an SO, as there is no legal power they can act upon.

i have had a decree for 1600 pound i have paid £1520.20 to date since the decree. they say i still owe 695 are trying to say they will go to my place of employment namely the school i work at who do not pay my wages, they said on the phone that they would send sheriff officers to apply an arrestment on my wages. please advise.

Linda m

If they have Decree, then ther's nothing to stop them. It looks as though the pursuer is being needlessly 'heavy' as each visit will end up costing you - as the charges are added to the bottom line they want to collect. It may be just a ploy, but since they know full well that wages are not dealt with at the school, it seems a pretty poor way to intimidate. They CAN obtain an arrestment, that is true, but if you've told them you don;t have wages paid there, arranging such a visit nevertheless us a device to make you pay up.