Clause 5(1)

kalijack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK here goes,

Unless terms and conditions with your bank have been negotiated and agreed on an individual basis then those T & C's cannot be used against the consumer because this puts the bank in an advantageous position.

I think that is about as simply as I could put it, of course I could be miles away and I'm sure someone far more knowledgable than me will correct it

So the banks are always in a winning position with it? We cant win because the banks are doing what they want with no agreement or consultation with us the individual??

Have i got it right? lol

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

OK here goes,

Unless terms and conditions with your bank have been negotiated and agreed on an individual basis then those T & C's cannot be used against the consumer because this puts the bank in an advantageous position.

I think that is about as simply as I could put it, of course I could be miles away and I'm sure someone far more knowledgable than me will correct it

thats also how i understand it,

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Clause(5)(1) is about fainess and if a contract has not been individually negotiated then it can be regarded as unfair if a contractual term causes a signifacant imbalance to the detrement of the consumer.

The question is do the banks new T&Cs cause a singinficant imbalance to the consumer. if so then we have a case because the contract was not negotiated.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!