Mbna - Not Met Cca Request

NPMBNA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I have just looked at my credit file and it says I have a default in may 2010 on my credit card which they never issued a CCA for. Is this correct? Can this be done? I never to my knowledge rec'd any default notice just demands for payment which I never made as they could not find an agreement. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi NPMBNA

You are getting your knickers in a twist for nothing really, it really doesent matter about the CRA, from the date you miss a payment creditors are reporting on you with or without an agreement. You could complain to the ICO and put some information on the CRA file to the effect that the account is in dispute to the lack of credit agreement if you so wish. Just let them keep on spouting hot air - after an absence of 3 years they wrote to me to say that they had sold my account to the bottom feeders, had great pleasure in sending them photocopies of the court judgement - like you they have reported on me even adding the costs they had to pay to the final alleged balance, am I bothered - not really, they will drop off quite soon anyway!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Will the default come off my record after so long? Or does it stay there? When they have wrote telling me they cannot locate an agreement can they sell the debt on? Thanks

You don't seem to be getting much help here for some reason i'm afraid so, although i don't have as much experience as some, i'll give it a go.

I sorted out 4 credit cards for a mate a few years ago, he hasn't heard anything for nearly 4 years so i must have done something right!

The default on your credit file will disappear after 6 years. As for them selling or passing the debt on to the next desk, yes they will. They did it with my mate, all i said was this account is still in dispute with MBNA because they have failed to supply me with an agreement under s78 of the CCA, i suggest you pass this account back to MBNA, he has heard nothing since.

As for the letter they wrote saying they can't locate the agreement, don't lose it! ;-)

I hope this sets your mind at rest a bit. :-)

Edited by itstheone

Hi as above I told MBNA they did not have an enforceable agreement they then sent all the normal threat letters, I replied to all these letters with a you have not complied to CCA response letter. They then just kept on with the threats including the you have not contacted us line. Then they just stopped not heard nowt now for 3 or 4 years and will be statute barred in about 8 month.

dpick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys

I don't ever get chased for this debt. I just noticed the default on my credit file. I was never told this had been enforced either. It's already been there a few years now, not really a problem as not ,owing house or wanting credit :-)