cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi cabot has been hassleing me for some months now conserning an alleged old credit card debt mnba associottes i have never contacted them but now they say account is in default and a company called morgan soliciters say they are takeing me to court they say the debt was bought in 9th july 2002 any idea what i should do am i better to contact them than ignore them cheers.i have never contacted cabot by phone or letter

hi cabot has been hassleing me for some months now conserning an alleged old credit card debt mnba associottes i have never contacted them but now they say account is in default and a company called morgan soliciters say they are takeing me to court they say the debt was bought in 9th july 2002 any idea what i should do am i better to contact them than ignore them cheers.i have never contacted cabot by phone or letter

Well if you've paid nothing since July 2002 - debt's statute barred anyway...More info on this site about Cabot than any other DCA,,,

Just hate every DCA out there

thanks you say debt will be statue barred but morgans will have non of that ,am sure they will have something up there sleave so what letter should i write,show me an agreement or statue barred, or just ignore ,they gave me 1 month to reply or it gos to court with out furthur notice any ideas cheers.:Cry:

thanks you say debt will be statue barred but morgans will have non of that ,am sure they will have something up there sleave so what letter should i write,show me an agreement or statue barred, or just ignore ,they gave me 1 month to reply or it gos to court with out furthur notice any ideas cheers.:Cry:

If you have not made a payment, nor acknowledged the debt for six years then the debt is statute barred, this isn't something they can negotiate their way out of, once a debt becomes Statute Barred, it remains Statute Barred, even if you make a payment after the debt has become SB. It would be down to them to prove that the debt is not SB and if they state that a payment was made against the account (not an attempted payment, whatever that may be) they have to prove that it was you who made the payment.

Morgans are Cabots in house team of "Legal Experts" ie they are the ones that can read a bit.

They do not write the laws, they do not enforce the laws and they have no input into how the law works, simply adding the word "Solicitor" to their letterheads gives them no more influence than if they'd added the word "Taxidermist".

Their sole role in Cabots dubious business model is to attempt to increase the pressure on errant debtors in the hope of receiving payment, and occasionally, when they actually have some kind of paperwork, they attempt to con judges into believing their unique version of the CCA statutes.

In this case they are trying to tell you that Black is White and White is Black.

• Haha 1

cheers i have not made any payment since 2000 and not spoke to them by phone or letter if i ignore the one from morgan,will they know its staue barred ,thing is am a bit wary of contacting them after neaiy 10 years and starting them off pursuseing me more as i read someware when some one wrote to thwm they just incresed the pressure if i ignore them will they stop.just done want to make things worse

They will always initially plead ignorance of the fact that your debt is statute barred, so you need to ensure that your Statute Barred letter is sent off at your earliest opportunity. Send it recorded delivery (registered is better) ensure you obtain and retain proof of posting and proof of delivery. retain copies of any propaganda or begging letters that they send to you.

Then when they continue to harrass you because "they never realised the debt was Statute barred" or even, god forbid, they attempt to get you into court.

You can show them up for the bunch of lying (edit) that they are.

and remember, please make sure that when they get their arses kicked and have to scuttle back under whatever stone they live under these days, you make sure to let them know just how much you respect their best attempts to fleece you :D

Edited by freakyleaky
Bypassing swear filter. Please read the site rules.

I just call their bluff now. When a DCA threatens court tell them it might be for the best so it is sorted out once and for all. Having experienced the county court for myself I have seen the courts view in respect of DCAs. Also ask them why a company holding a consumer credit licence is not aware of the law. The secret is to get them on the back foot.

• 4 months later...

well here i am again cabot acknwoleged that an alleged debt was indeed statued barred,there so called soliciter sent a letter confirming this and would stop any more contact and remove from there data base. great news however 2months later new letter from a different company claiming to be collecting the alleged debtfor cabot so they seem to have sold on a alleged debt knowing this is staue barred i think this is illegal any idea what i should do oft etc or ignore them cheers.

My first instinct would be to ignore these muppets but to do that is to allow debt collecting **** like cabot to believe they can get away with this sort of action. When strong evidence exists, such as in this case, it should be used against them

yes cabots soliciters sent letter saying staued barred then a letter saying they are collecting for cabot this time another dca think they would talk to one another just shows that they are poor at there job no one should ever pay cabot they are arse holes well will report them tomorow at least it will give them some hasstle they tried to cause me.

If you have not made a payment, nor acknowledged the debt for six years then the debt is statute barred, this isn't something they can negotiate their way out of, once a debt becomes Statute Barred, it remains Statute Barred, even if you make a payment after the debt has become SB. It would be down to them to prove that the debt is not SB and if they state that a payment was made against the account (not an attempted payment, whatever that may be) they have to prove that it was you who made the payment.

Morgans are Cabots in house team of "Legal Experts" ie they are the ones that can read a bit.

They do not write the laws, they do not enforce the laws and they have no input into how the law works, simply adding the word "Solicitor" to their letterheads gives them no more influence than if they'd added the word "Taxidermist".

Their sole role in Cabots dubious business model is to attempt to increase the pressure on errant debtors in the hope of receiving payment, and occasionally, when they actually have some kind of paperwork, they attempt to con judges into believing their unique version of the CCA statutes.

In this case they are trying to tell you that Black is White and White is Black.

Well put...very well put like it

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!