Winter Fuel Allowance

Sandra Hilton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a new member having never seen this site until today. I looked for a thread about Winter Fuel Allowance but couldn't find one, sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place? ;-(

My husband is 72 in January. I am 56. I do get DLA which I understand does not entitle me to WFA My husband gets £125 each year and so I assume that this is correct - is it?

Sandra Hilton

As long as your husband gets State Pension, and none of the below applies, he is entitled to the Winter Fuel payment.

during the week of 21–27 September 2009:

• he was in hospital for more than 52 weeks previously, getting free treatment as an inpatient
  • he was in custody serving a court sentence
  • he was subject to immigration control and did not qualify for help from the Department for Work and Pensions
  • you lived in a care home, an independent hospital or Ilford Park Polish Resettlement Home (and had done so for the previous 12 weeks or more)
  • he lived out with Great Britain or Northern Ireland on any day between 21–27 September 2009

As he has had the Winter fuel payment previously, he will receive it again automatically if he still meets the conditions. You will not qualify as you are not receiving the correct benefit.

If you wish to speak to an advisor directly in regard to the Winter Fuel Payment, call: 0845 915 1515 between 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I think this winter fuel allowance is ageisim as I am 60 next month but dont qualify for any allowance till next year to me this is unfair as winter dont start in September so dont see why you only get it if your 60 before Sept.